Bait and Switch
Ready2SwitchBk

In March 2019, I clicked on a Refer-a-Friend Link to switch from Xfinity to FIOS.  I was promised a $100 gift card, as well as one to the Friend who refered me if I opted for TriplePlay.  In the online sales chat, the sales person encouraged me to upgrade to the multi-room DVR from basic DVR since they could offer me a $20/credit per month if I signed up for the more expensive option.

4 months later, and despite repeated attempts to resolve this with customer support online and on the phone...  we have not received the Gift Cards, nor have we received the multi-room DVR credit on our bill.   Each time someone has promised to be the person 'who would solve this.'  No one has lived up to this.  In May we were told the DVR credit would appear in 'several' billing cycles.  That hasn't proven true.  In June we were promised "Good News" -- the cards would be  mailed no later than July 7.  That hasn't been proven true.

Have other people dealt with similar bait and switch promotions with FIOS?  I'm close to returning to Xfinity and ATT WIreless.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Ready2SwitchBk,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes