Beware HBO Brought to you by Verizon
FiosRipoff

WATCH OUT FOR THE LATEST VERIZON

I had Fios installed 3 months ago and asked for absolutely no premium channels.  I was told by Verizon that because of a promotion, HBO would be enabled for 3 months, then it would end unless I chose to subscribe.  I asked that it not be enabled but was told that he had no way of stopping it and guaranteed it would go away in three months.  BIG SURPRISE, it didn't go away, and Verizon wants me to pay for something I tried to refuse!

Just got off the phone with "Supervisor" Gina at the Illinois Billing Department, who gave that same run-around, "If you didn't want it, you should have canceled it"  But that's the point, I didn't want it and they forced on me anyway. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION, STEER CLEAR OF VERIZON.

0 Likes
Re: Beware HBO Brought to you by Verizon
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

prisaz
Legend

I am sure if your post was edited, it must have contained something else that violated the Terms of Service. Just post what happened, stick to the point, ask for help, and you may just find it. Some of the bundles offer the three months of HBO in turn for a discount on the bundle, or a trial, but if you do not cancel the HBO, yes you will be charged for it at the end of the free period. I just renewed my bundle and my free HBO offer ends in Dec.

HBO belongs on the programming or one of the other boards, not the Internet board, also if you cross post the same message on multiple boards, that is a violation.

0 Likes
Sonoluma
Enthusiast - Level 3

Honestly, if that was something you were concerned about, you should've taken it upon yourself to double check that it would be removed at the end of the promotional period.

Yes, it WOULD BE NICE if they could've just set everything up to expire at the end of the month and not showup on your bill. Unfortunately, that's how promotions work in almost every single service sector type of offering that you come across today and that one payment they're going to strong arm you into makes up for all the free time they gave away b/c it doesn't cost them anything to offer you free HBO for a short period of time. It's not that they can't make it expire when the promo ends, they just don't have any interest in making that a possibility b/c it costs them money. 

Verizon makes a lot of inept decisions regarding certain aspects of their cable package, but this time I'd have to side with Verizon. You could've spent 5-10 minutes on the phone (their phone support is quick and easy to work through in my experience) and had this taken care of without probably spending a lot of time afterwards between setting everything up on this site, posting and recent phone calls.

My advice, Live and Learn. Verizons internet is really good and it's hard to beat their prices on the overal package.