Beware of Renewing Bundles over the Phone vs. Online
ksteven2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently renewed my FIOS bundle with a customer service representative because of issues I had with the online order web page. The CS representative was very nice, so no complaints there regarding attitude.

However when I look at my bundle price bundle versus the price from a previously saved order, one of the $5 monthly discounts was not applied.

After multiple phone calls to Verizon Customer Service, at least my $10 ONE-BILL discount was restored. It was on the order confirmation but not on my next bill.

I spoke to the last CS representative and he in basically stated they can't honor this online discounts "$5 Credit for 24 Months."

Note: This was not mentioned when I placed the order with the first CS representative on the phone and we went through each line item.

BUYER BEWARE ABOUT RENEWING OVER THE PHONE INSTEAD OF ONLINE!

I have been a long time FIOS customer, since it came to my area in 2005. Each time I have decided to renew my services there have been issues.

I am very disappointed about my experiences with giving Verizon extended business.  However, I kept doing it because the ongoing internet and tv services are great.

I will also add that I ordered a new Set-Top Box and the one that I picked up from the Verizon Retail Store was "Dead on Arrival." But that's a story for another post...

Re: Beware of Renewing Bundles over the Phone vs. Online
stanenba
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too had the same problem! We called Customer Service because a credit was ending and we wanted to extend the price. The woman on the phone very nice but apparenty useless. She promised us that our bill would not change and all of our channels would stay the same. She also said she'd send us a $120 gift card for renewing our service.

However, literally within 24 hours we lost half of our channels. We called Verizon Customer Service and have been extremely disappointed. It's been over an hour -- with about half of that waiting on hold. We've spoken to a supervisor who was anything but willing to help resolve the issue. In fact he was downright rude, combative, and a poor representation of customer service. 

I'm extremely disappointed in Verizon, a service we've subscribed to almost 3 years with very little issue. To have representatives so clearly unwilling to help customers is, to put it, plainly disgusting and infuriating. 

If there's a Verizon rep who actually wants to help resolve the issue and make good on the original call, then please contact us. 

Otherwise is there a separate channel to log complaints through? Other than the Better Business Bureau? 

Re: Beware of Renewing Bundles over the Phone vs. Online
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Ethan,

We were glad to be informed that your billing issue was addressed and resolved. Please let us know if you experience any additional issues.

Tonya D.

0 Likes