Bill Help, I am being over charged!
hunter410
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently moved, and so i had to get verion fios set up at my new house. Went over without any issues, Online told me i had to buy a new router. Which i was unhappy about but said okay anyway. Turns out it was the exact same router i had before that I had already bought from verizon so the tech said oh no worries I will take care of it and you won't be charged for it. But of course when my bill turns up, i have a charge for the new router I was supposed to get. Every time i try to contact verizon through their **bleep**!!! automated call system it hangs up on me. It is RIDICULOUS!!!! 

Does anyone else know a way i can get a hold of someone?? This is bull**bleep** and I'm not paying for something i didn't receive. 

0 Likes
Re: Bill Help, I am being over charged!
jonjones1
Legend

@hunter410 wrote:

I recently moved, and so i had to get verion fios set up at my new house. Went over without any issues, Online told me i had to buy a new router. Which i was unhappy about but said okay anyway. Turns out it was the exact same router i had before that I had already bought from verizon so the tech said oh no worries I will take care of it and you won't be charged for it. But of course when my bill turns up, i have a charge for the new router I was supposed to get. Every time i try to contact verizon through their **bleep**!!! automated call system it hangs up on me. It is RIDICULOUS!!!! 

Does anyone else know a way i can get a hold of someone?? This is bull**bleep** and I'm not paying for something i didn't receive. 

Try to stay calm. Take the router to a Verizon Fios store in your location. Make sure it’s a company store and not a reseller like Best Buy or Costco. 

Make sure they give you a receipt for the router with its serial number etc. from the device on the receipt. Also make sure they or you call Fios customer service and have them verify the return. After this get the name of the person from the store (I once took a photo of the sales person) and the name of the person on the phone.

just Incase you need it later on for redress.

Good Luck

0 Likes
hunter410
Enthusiast - Level 1

Its my router i bought it. There is nothing to return because i am currently using it. I am being charged for a new router i dont have and didn't buy. One the install Tech realized the new router was the exact same router as the one i already bought from verizon, he took the new router with him and said he would take care of it and make sure i wasn't charged.

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi hunter410,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes