Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get $540 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
Billing Problems, Headaches and Heartaches
CancelInPlano

Today we received a bill from a collection agency from last July for the amount of $87.70. This bill had an incorrect address for our previous billing address.

After many hours on the phone once again, we finally got to the bottom of the matter. Last July we moved and had Verizon at our previous address and we decided to continue their service at our new address. We scheduled the turn off date in our previous address to overlap with the current address service so I did not have to be without internet access.

Verizon turned off the service at the old address on the day they turned on the new service at our new residence. I called and complained and they turned the service back on at the old address for about 10 days while we were in transition. When this occurred they turned this service on with a new account and we were not aware of this. We were told many times this is common practice but we NEVER RECEIVED THIS BILL!!! Now many months later they are telling us that we owe the money and it is now a part of our credit report just when we are about to purchase a home.

Verizon not only refused to take this off our credit report but they insist that we pay this bill for an account we were never aware of and never received a bill for. To top it all off, we actually received a refund from our previous account they turned off 10 days before they were supposed to.

We are wits end trying to deal with Verizon. We have had nothing but trouble with them and their service since we began with them. We have always paid our bills on time, never late, never missed. It's sickens and saddens me to know that companies like this exist to make their customers miserable.

My wife and decided, enough is enough. We are dropping their server and going with local TV only.

I was a Comcast customer for many year previous to this. They weren't perfect but at least they treat their customers with some respect.

0 Likes
Re: Billing Problems, Headaches and Heartaches
ElizabethS
Champion - Level 1

Hello CancelInPlano

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes