CUSTOMER SERVICE FAILURE - NO ACCOUNTABILITY - 21 Months and still waiting
GWHEELO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sept 2021 - I add an new line and trade in a ZFOLD2 with the promise of a $800 bill credit or whatever to make the payment on the new phone reasonable.

Oct 2021 - I call to inquire into the promised credit that still has not shown up, am told to wait 1-2 billing cycles

Nov 2021 - I call, again, to inquire into the promised credit that still has not shown up, am told, again, to wait 1-2 billing cycles

Dec 2021 - I call, once again, to inquire into the promised credit that still has not shown up, am told, once again, to wait 1-2 billing cycles. I explained to them that i have waited 3 months with no change in result. 

Each time i called i was met with very disinterested, unsupportive and unprofessional individuals who hid behind their "off-shore" status to say there wasn't much they could do to help. When I asked to escalate the issue i was told they did not have anyone they could escalate to? Who do they report to? Who is accountable for these failures.

In either case, I lose focus as I have to shift focus to my impending cross country move and this falls off my radar (since I do auto billing) 

Fast forward, March 2023 - I go to trade in an old phone (samsung 😎 on a promotional $800 credit for turning in an old device. 

April 2023 - $800 credit still not showing up so I call customer service to inquire. You guessed it! once again im told i must wait 1-2 billing cycles. Reminded of my previous situation i ask them about that one as well and am told they show no record of that credit or device trade in. They state i should have kept better records and there was nothing they can do for me. 

May 2023 - after gathering all my evidence i contact them again. I spend 3+ hours working with multiple representatives. I finally get the more recent issue resolved and have all of my evidence and "records" accepted, acknowledged and confirmed to be accurate. I then ask for my credit in which im told they will need 1-2 billing cycles to address. Given, they had 21 billing cycles o date to address, I did not accept this answer. After 3 hours of back and forth, script reading, excuses of being "off-shore" I was finally hung up on. 

Note, they did offer me $44 bill credit and then eventually $100 bill credit to go away. Im not sure why they thought it was a negotiation but fraud should not be an acceptable business practice an that is what im being led ot believe is happening with Verizon. 

Why does Verizon offer no means to escalate these issues to senior level managers who actually have the capability to address? Why does Verizon offer no accountability for their teams and their unprofessional business practices? Why does Verizon expect customers to spend hours on the phone dealing with these people, just to get what was initially promised to them?  

what is 8 hours of my time on phone calls, emails , chat windows and now this forum worth? is this really what the expectation is to get a multi billion dollar company to be honest and deliver what they promise?

After reviewing several threads, I'm clearly not alone. There is a ton of concern surrounding this very issue. What is Verizon doing to address? Why is there answer to always go to a private message versus taking the opportunity to address these very polarizing and prevalent issues publicly so their customers can see what they did to resolve?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you've had these issues with receiving your promotions. As a consumer myself, I know how important it is to make sure the deals are being applied. To better assist you, we have sent you a private note.

~Freddy

0 Likes
GWHEELO
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
I have responded to your message. I have not received a response, however, my request is to be contacted by a senior member of your management staff. Enough is enough. No more "off shore" (as your team refers to themselves as) members who have no answers, limited capabilities and lean way to heavily on their scripts. I think its time that verizon finally affords this customer of 22 years a real, unscripted, conversation with a decision maker

0 Likes
GWHEELO
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE - They sent a message, but are unresponsive to my request for a stateside senior manager. I have attempted to speak with other supervisors and managers who state they are not in country. They all state that the decisions needed to right this situation are above their head and then refuse to assist me in escalating the conversation. This is being handled the same way. 

0 Likes
GWHEELO
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE: After requesting multiple time to have the issue escalated to address the poor handling of the situation from top to bottom, I have been told they will not escalate the issue and that they have done everything they are willing to do at this point. What is sad, is all i want is a truly accountable manager to have a honest discussion with me and to address my concerns as to why its like pulling teeth to get what is promised. 

No accountability, shame on Verizon. 

#shameonverizon

#noaccountability

#escalatetheissue

0 Likes