Cancelling Broadband Essentials and Extras
malenurz

Help - I have NOT ordered "Broadband Essentials and Extras" when I changed my address, but I got an email today, saying I was going to be billed for it.

How do I cancel this? Do I have to cancel it, if I never signed up for it?

Help, please!

0 Likes
Re: Cancelling Broadband Essentials and Extras
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

abefroman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I don't expect I'll get a refund for that unnecessary garbage snuck onto my bill as "starz gaming" and "security bundle," so I won't even try.  I'm sure you're making a killing off people that just don't notice it, shame, shame.

fkgoodwin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, they signed me up too without my consent.  It then took me three phone calls and over an hour and a half to finally get connected to a punk with an attitude.  Cable is sounding better all the time.  Do the higher ups in this organization realize how TERRIBLE it is to interact with customer service?  Do they condone signing up people to services without their consent and then making it painful to cancel.  I can't wait until they do it to a trial attorney.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

Always try to remove it from your bill by visiting www.myverizon.com first. 

if you can log in and remove a feature, then that is better than waiting on hold.  

If it won't allow you to, for whatever reason, then call them at 1-800-VERIZON.

Those two things have like a 14 or 30 day trial, so if you catch it early enough they should be able to remove it without too much fanfare. 

cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

hello,

you can try this one,

under verizon central, sign in with your verizon username and password, once you have access to your acount click under manage broadband and essentials, go all the way in the bottom and look for the blue small letters, select cancel subsciption

good luck!    

your friend charlie brown

ComposMentis1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just found out that I've been paying for the internet security suite for over 2 years, and the games package for about 6 months!  Of course, their records indicate that I "ordered" it.  They probably snuck it in as a freeby for a couple of months, then started charging - even though I NEVER played the games.

CHECK YOUR BILLS!