Closed Account sent to Collections
sanram1

I had a FioS account for close to a year and I was very happy with the service, but unfortunately I had to close because Fios was not offered in the place I was moving to.  

I just got a copy of my credit report and it says that I owe $111 to Verizon and it was sent to a collections agency in December 2014.  I never received a final bill from Verizon and have never heard from any collections agency. I was signed up for online bill pay and the account was closed, so I certainly could not have received any emails through the online account.  I have had several calls after my account was closed regarding my final bill but got nowhere with any of them. Everyone seemed to tell me that there was 0 balance on the account and that if I owed anything it would appear on my final bill and it will be sent to my new address (which I gave all the representatives and all of them seem to be noting it down)

I am trying to apply for a home loan, so I need to clear this up as soon as possible. I see that other people have posted to the forum with similar problems. 

It would be really great if someone can help me regarding this.

0 Likes
Re: Closed Account sent to Collections
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes