Contract Up -- Do you really need to leave to get the new customer deal?
evorgtsew1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently paying 124.99 (feel that I was bushwhacked for months 13 thru 24 in that the deal I thought I signed up for did not have an increase but could not prove it because nothing is ever in writing), in that  for service that is offered at 89.99 to new customers.  Seems ridiculous that I need to keep switching back and forth.  This will be my 3rd switch between Verizon and  Comcast.  Neither one seems to learn.

Has anyone got the new customer deal with out actually leaving?

TIA

Re: Contract Up -- Do you really need to leave to get the new customer deal?
Sooner2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welcome to the club of existing customers. I just called them for the very same reason and had a debate on the same issue. See my post about discrimination between existing and new customers. They really have gone fat in their heads because people do not call them to question them. If you do and wait for a customer service rep menu, you will be on a wait for 30 min+. I always choose either "terminate the service" or "New sale"...Apparently they are the two hot items they like their agents to attend to.

0 Likes
Re: Contract Up -- Do you really need to leave to get the new customer deal?
Cestmoi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also renewed my contract last year.  I was told that my price would still be 124.99.  But the total bill went up about 26.00 bucks.  They raised the little fees and took away a 10.00 credit I was getting.  The 'new' customer fee of 89.99 is at the lowest internet speed and if you opt for higher speed, you're back to where you started.

0 Likes