Contract was mistakenly applied to my account. Bad business practice
mingxun

I started using Version FIOS internet, TV and phone on Dec. 2009. I don't think there was a contract at that time. In Sept. 2011, I removed the phone service. And then last night, Jan. 20, 2012, I called Verizon asking to remove TV service and keep only the internet service. I was told that I had an contract with Verizon and to remove the TV service, there would be $179 early termination fee. I asked what kind of contract was that and why I did not know any thing about it. I was told that this was an oral contract. I think this is a bad practice trying to keep customers to pay some over priced service.

0 Likes
Re: Contract was mistakenly applied to my account. Bad business practice
angie666
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel for you.  My service agreement was misrepresented also.  The Verizon reps will tell you anything to sign up.  When you try to cancel, they have no record of it & keeep charging you service, even though you are with another service provider.  Everyone should be aware of the bad business proctices.  God Bless You.

0 Likes
Re: Contract was mistakenly applied to my account. Bad business practice
mingxun

Thanks for your support. I am just wondering what else I can complain besides this forum.

0 Likes