I haven't gotten very far speaking with anyone over the phone, so I thought I'd check out the forum option.
I have an ongoing Verizon Billing issue I'm hoping someone can help me solve.
The summarized details:
- 4 years ago when I was moving from NY to TX (June 2011) we cancelled Verizon internet service as a part of our transferring our DirecTV package to an area that has AT&T internet.
- Despite being signed up for account email alerts and forwarding our mailing address for 1 year, Verizon sent us a final bill that was never received.
- Almost 3 years later (April 2014), I was contacted by a credit collection agency looking to collect on a ~$50 charge. As I had no idea what this was even about, I sent in a letter to dispute it back to Verizon.
- I spoke with serveral people at Verizon at the time trying to get details, but as the account had been sold they were unable to help me (though I will say they were all very nice).
- I never received any updates or resolutions from that agency. Instead, in June I was contacted by a new credit reporting agency looking to collect on the debt. This time an agent there was able to help me decipher what was going on. He said that from his experience my bill looked like an equipment fee. (Which I've assumed to be a router).
- I do not (and never did) need the router Verizon provided us. We were never sent instructions on how to return it to the company.
From all of this I have two questions:
1) How can I make this debt right with Verizon? Would you like me to ship the router back to you? I would prefer not to pay $50 for a router I do not need and never asked for, but if that's the answer then fine.
2) I'm looking to refinance on my home and this is showing up as quite the blemish on my credit history. How can I right this issue? There was never any intent to delay the payment owed.
What I've learned from skimming these posts is that this seems to be a frequent issue with NY customers.
Pelase help! Hopefully someone can assist me in clearing this up...
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.