Credit report isssue and Verizon residential DSL account
Neil01742
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was a very satisified Verizon Residential DSL customer in Harwich, MA between 2005 and 2010 .   In January 2010,  I closed that account when I sold the house.  I requested and paid a final Verizon bill.

When I checked my credit report in 2011 there was a past due/collection item reported by Verizon (Weldon Spring, MO) in my credit reports.  This negative credit entry was jeopardizing a mortgage for a new home.  I contacted Verizon and was informed of an outstanding balance of $150.  I had not received any bills from Verizon for this charge and was unaware of it until it appeared on my credit report.  Verizon personnel were unable to provide any details about the source of these charges. After spending many hours on the phone with Verizon - and receiving inconsistent and incomplete information about this charge, I was advised to pay the balance - and I did so.

I have disputed the erroneous negative credit information through the credit reporting agencies 3 separate times.  Each time the negative comment is cleared, Verizon re-enters it approximately one month later.  When I escalated this within the (Experian) credit reporting agency, I was informed that this is Verizon's policy.

I closed my Verizon account in or orderly way - then I paid this questionable additional Verizon balance but still my credit report shows negative comments (collection) that have a direct effect on my mortgage interest rate and borrowing costs.

I request your assistance to review and permanently remove this inaccurate, negative Verizon account information from my credit reports.

{edited for privacy}

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Credit report isssue and Verizon residential DSL account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi neilhenry,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello neilhenry,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with your credit report, getting in contact with credit reporting agency(877 325 5156), or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello neilhenry,

We have closed your private support case once again, due to no response from you. Feel free to make a new thread anytime you need some help.

- Jose

0 Likes