Customer service and FIOS support
mikepdemps
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal customer to Verizon wireless for almost 10 years now. Any time I have ever had an issue or needed a billing problem resolved they have handled it and straightened out the issue without any major headaches. I thought I would have the same success when I decided to become a customer of Verizon FIOS but I was sadly mistaken.

Having been in the military for some time now and experiencing Direct TV, DISH, COX Cable and other providers also in other countries, FIOS hands down has been the worst. From sitting on the other end of a telephone for an average of at least 30 minutes just to speak with a receptionist, receiving bills while being deployed when I have called to set-up account suspension, being placed back into a promotion package without my consent (even when I have told them not too) and then of course trying to be charged hundreds of dollars for breaking that agreement…. I am done. This is just my opinion. It’s not to say that others will have the same luck but based on my experience with FIOS, I would never want them to be my provider again. The internet and TV system worked great for me. That was never the issue; it was all the other nonsense I had to deal with.

Sorry Verizon FIOS but I had to be honest. Will stay a Verizon Wireless customer but FIOS never again.

Labels (1)
Re: Customer service and FIOS support
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

mikepdemps,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look down the middle towards the bottom where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".

There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

Regards,

AnnieS

0 Likes
S4hees
Enthusiast - Level 2

I COMPLETELY agree with you! Why must they make it so hard to contact customer service, let alone get served!?! I stumbled upon this post because I, too, cannot get any customer service. What infuriates me more is seeing the moderator ask you to go to yet ANOTHER web page to view a response. How about emailing us directly, AnnieS? I don't have the time or patience to keep holding for you or checking to see IF you have cared enough about loyal customers to respond, ANNIE!
I, too, would appreciate some help. I have exhausted all measures with agents, chats and automated voices. I am at the point where I am looking to dump Verizon and go with another service. Please email me at {edited for privacy}

S4hees
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you for editing my post for privacy, but how about a response?
0 Likes
S4hees
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S.  You just lost at least potential customer due to my post on FaceBook complaining about the lack of customer service.  A friend had been considering FIOS and just informed me that she would not if the customer service was as bad as I have been getting.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@mikepdemps wrote:

.... Having been in the military for some time now and experiencing ... other providers ... in other countries, FIOS hands down has been the worst .... receiving bills while being deployed when I have called to set-up account suspension ... it was all the other nonsense I had to deal with ...

Thanks for your service (and I am indeed sincere).  However I really don't think that any subscription service like Verizon is equipped to handle the account changes that your situation requires.  Not to say that they should have problems, but rather that they do, and I don't immediately see any way around it.

I set up my service about a year ago, and although it has been essentially perfect in all respects, the initial arrangements were trying and took a bit of messing about.  This is something that's difficult to understand, but it's what happened.  Since the initial setup all has been well, but I don't really look forward to making billing or subscription changes with any enthusiasm.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

mikepdemps

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes