DirectTV Bill After Service Discontinued

I also have an issue with the bundle.  When I moved, I had to discontinue my service for a short time until I found the place I wanted.  All the sudden, I had a bill from Direct TV for $114, although I had been current on my bill.  The process so far...

  • Call Direct TV:  Was told I had to resolve with Verizon--they didn't know why the $71+ fee was doubled
  • Called Verizon:  I asked why I wasn't told about the fees going back to Direct TV and why it was $114.  The agent I spoke with said she would send me a link to file a complaint about Verizon's disconnect service.  The link is...

This link is ridiculous.  Trying to find a venue to complain on this sight is undoable.  I did finally come across this blog process, but couldn't find a way to post a new message!

Please help me figure out how to resolve this issue so that I don;t have to pay double on my Direct TV bill and so that I don't have to spend more hours on the phone!.  The account number of my Verizon account is...{edited for privacy}

Re: DirectTV Bill After Service Discontinued
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Debnotdebbie63,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.