Discontinued FiOS account before it ever started, still getting billed
nb1010

Hello,

I've tried calling the 1-800-Verizon number, but I keep getting disconnected, so I thought I would share my issue here.

I moved a couple of months ago and decided to become a Verizon FiOS customer. But, before I activated my account or received my router I canceled my account with Verizon over the phone and was specifically told I would not be billed and that I would not receive the router as I had never received any service. Despite that conversation, I still received the router and a monthly bill. I called again and was told that I would be receiving a return kit for the router and that the bill would cleared. I waited three weeks and never received a return kit. I tried to print out my own return kit online but the website was unable to find my order number. I called Verizon again and got through to someone who told me that my bill would be cleared and that I could bring my router to the nearest Verizon wireless store, they would process my return, and once confirmation was received I would no longer have a balance and my account would be closed. I immediately did so and received a hard copy receipt of my return and received an email as well. This was May 16, 2016.

Now, a month later, I receive another bill saying I still owe $81.35. I called the 1-800-Verizon number to inquire about the billing, but it says my account is now handled by "North Shore Incorporated" and their number is "1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0" and that I am being redirected. I am then told the number is unavailable and then I am disconnected.

I have my account number, as well as my receipt for the returned router. Please help me resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Discontinued FiOS account before it ever started, still getting billed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi nb1010,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes