Dispute billing charges
voov
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is it whenever there's a problem Verizon has such horrible customer service on the phone? I've been hung up a couple of times and just got tired of calling back.

At the beginning of this year I had a FIOS 50/50 contract that was about to expire. I was getting charged for the final service from 12/22/2016---1/21/2016, even though my contract was over the 12/16/2016. I made a payment for the service on the 12/14/2016.  I decided to select a bundle package to have both TV and Internet, so I called on 1/16/2016 to ask if I could have two DVR HD boxes and upgrade my FIOS Internet to 75/75 speeds. I should have known better as I have I had problems the very start. I received an estimate for an HD TV box and a digital TV box when what I wanted were two HD DVRs. I called back and asked if my order could be changed to two DVR HD boxes, and a digital TV box was thrown in at no extra charge, which the fee was suppose to be waved for. I also upgraded to 75/75 speed. I was scheduled to have the Internet and FIOS TV on the 1/21/16, but for the three days I was supposed to have my extended previous package continued for (1/16-1/21), I had no Internet with my 50/50 speed though my account was still active. After several calls, I had both sales and tech support talking to me, and I was told that since I upgraded to the 75/75 speed Internet my account said that it was pending and there was nothing that could be done until the installer came on 1/21. So, for three days I didn't have Internet but was still charged. 

Once the installer arrived, he had no clue about what he was suppose to be installing since I had an issue with my order from the beginning and communication has been sorely lacking throughout this entire process. Since I had DIRECT TV as my TV provider, I wanted him to connect FIOS TV along with it. So I made it easy for him to disconnect the cables at the splitter, which connects to different rooms in my house. He wanted to charged me an additional $100s for running a cable to the rooms that already have cables and just needed to be connected downstairs where the splitter is at. So, I was supposed to be getting fios 75/75 with two HD Top Boxes DVRs and a digital tv box. The installer called me back on my cell phone and explained how he didn't have the digital tv box in stock in his van but thought he did. He told me to call Verizon and they would either ship me one or I could pick one up nearby. I called Verizon, explaining the situation and was told that I could pick it up at a Verizon store. Yet when I arrived there, I was told that an order wasn't made and that they couldn't give me a digital tv box, even though I had a confirmation number that stated that I was suppose to be receiving a digital TV box at no extra charge, since I live in the state of Maryland and the fee is waived. I called Verizon again and finally got an order number to go and pick up the digital TV box at the nearby Verizon store.

When I bought this house the previous owner already had FIOS TV and 50/50 Internet connection. I was charged $80 for installation, which the installer pretty much didn't even really do that much work on and even left the ground off on the cables when connecting at the splitter.

In conclusion, I received by mail, and still have an email stating that the digital TV box fee is suppose to be waived, yet I'm being charged a rental fee of $7.99 plus other hidden charges.  After making a couple calls and getting hung up on numerous times, I finally got in touch which someone that said that the fee is suppose to be waived and sent a confirmation number. It's been a couple weeks now and I still haven't seen it changed. Though I was offered a digital TV box at no extra charge, I just went with it and decided to have it just in case I have guests, but if I'm getting charged for it though sales told me that I wasn't going to be charged and got an estimate for it. At this point, I don't even want the **bleep** thing since it's not even connected to a TV and is just laying here collecting dust. It's frustrating and disappointing how whenever something happens, Verizon's customer service per phone is horrible. All I get are excuses that they're very sorry but at the end of the day, nothing is getting done and while lying about it is bad enough, getting hung up on repeatedly makes it even worse.

I have Verizon as a cell provider, tv and internet, and have been for a while. If this keeps happening, I'm going to have to take my business somewhere else.

0 Likes
Re: Dispute billing charges
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes