ETF when I am moving to a non-FiOS area!
watisgoingon1

I have been trying to contact various Verizon agent today and yesterday with no luck regarding this. In short, I have been Verizon customer since the days of long-distance calling and dial-up internet (2001) - now disconnected, Verizon Wireless since 2005, and FiOS since 2010. Verizon FiOS has persistently gave me bad experience since day one. Mind you, I have heard comments like, "Oh come on! There has to be someone in this place that can speak English!" and my rug being kicked by the same installer. But I gave Verizon a chance. Two renewals ago, an agent offering to hang up on me because I was arguing about being charged $30 more than I was quoted for on a month-to-month basis. That took a lot of calls to resolve. That's second chance.

And now, I am facing an ETF for moving to a area that has no FiOS service! All I know is that I was told by the agent when signing up for this contract, the ETF would be waived if I move to a non-FiOS service area. Well, suprise! That was a lie just like the many times that I have been lied to by Verizon FiOS employees (many more than the two I mentioned above). Remember the lady that offered to hang up on me two renewals ago? I also remember telling the lady, "If you aren't punishing customers for moving into a non-FiOS area, then why are you punishing me by charging me a higher price than I was quoted for?" This was in 2012 (after the persumed 2010 terms and conditions change). Seems like Verizon FiOS employees are not on the same plane when it comes to terms and conditions.

On the same note, why am I now being punished for terminating early? True, I agreed to the "terms and conditions", but a "Verizon" employee specifically told me that the fee would be waived. I would assume this supercedes anything in the terms and conditions becuase it was a material fact that was conveyed to me orally. I acted upon this information; if not for this information, I could have chosen to sign up month-to-month or decide face the ETF by my own choice. Apparently, the agent I just spoked to said, "I see no notes on your account that you were told that" - I was just called a liar! Of course not! If the agents want to make the sale, they can tell anything to have people sign up in the 2 year contract.

I don't know about Verizon, but I have strong ethics and moral values. This is strike 3. If I have to pay this ETF, then I am canceling my Verizon Wireless service with 4 lines and and I am letting others know of how honorable Verizon does business. If I don't pay this fee, then my Verizon Wireless service stays (I am sure for many years to come), I can sign-up for FiOS if it comes to my new place or during future (service is phenomenal), and I give good word to friend and family.  I leave this to Verizon: $130 ETF or loss of other business that could add up to tens of thousands down the road.

Thank you staying with me on this bumpy journey.

0 Likes
Re: ETF when I am moving to a non-FiOS area!
yadante
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem. This is ridiculous. My 2nd contract i received no incentives for renewing other than maybe $10 off the bill and now because I am moving to a non-verizon area I have to pay an ETF. No ethics at all!! 

@watisgoingon wrote:

I have been trying to contact various Verizon agent today and yesterday with no luck regarding this. In short, I have been Verizon customer since the days of long-distance calling and dial-up internet (2001) - now disconnected, Verizon Wireless since 2005, and FiOS since 2010. Verizon FiOS has persistently gave me bad experience since day one. Mind you, I have heard comments like, "Oh come on! There has to be someone in this place that can speak English!" and my rug being kicked by the same installer. But I gave Verizon a chance. Two renewals ago, an agent offering to hang up on me because I was arguing about being charged $30 more than I was quoted for on a month-to-month basis. That took a lot of calls to resolve. That's second chance.

And now, I am facing an ETF for moving to a area that has no FiOS service! All I know is that I was told by the agent when signing up for this contract, the ETF would be waived if I move to a non-FiOS service area. Well, suprise! That was a lie just like the many times that I have been lied to by Verizon FiOS employees (many more than the two I mentioned above). Remember the lady that offered to hang up on me two renewals ago? I also remember telling the lady, "If you aren't punishing customers for moving into a non-FiOS area, then why are you punishing me by charging me a higher price than I was quoted for?" This was in 2012 (after the persumed 2010 terms and conditions change). Seems like Verizon FiOS employees are not on the same plane when it comes to terms and conditions.

On the same note, why am I now being punished for terminating early? True, I agreed to the "terms and conditions", but a "Verizon" employee specifically told me that the fee would be waived. I would assume this supercedes anything in the terms and conditions becuase it was a material fact that was conveyed to me orally. I acted upon this information; if not for this information, I could have chosen to sign up month-to-month or decide face the ETF by my own choice. Apparently, the agent I just spoked to said, "I see no notes on your account that you were told that" - I was just called a liar! Of course not! If the agents want to make the sale, they can tell anything to have people sign up in the 2 year contract.

I don't know about Verizon, but I have strong ethics and moral values. This is strike 3. If I have to pay this ETF, then I am canceling my Verizon Wireless service with 4 lines and and I am letting others know of how honorable Verizon does business. If I don't pay this fee, then my Verizon Wireless service stays (I am sure for many years to come), I can sign-up for FiOS if it comes to my new place or during future (service is phenomenal), and I give good word to friend and family.  I leave this to Verizon: $130 ETF or loss of other business that could add up to tens of thousands down the road.

Thank you staying with me on this bumpy journey.

0 Likes
Re: ETF when I am moving to a non-FiOS area!
watisgoingon1

Looks like we are not the only ones that were told about the fee being waived.

0 Likes