Equipment Return: Have receipt, but am receiving warnings from Verizon to return or be charged
greenlight

This forum is a bit like Verizon customer service and contact options in that there isn't always a link to Create my own new topic here, and in customer service I am usually unable to say those magic words that result in an available chat. Very labyrinthine in both cases.

So question one is- How does one create their own topic instead of simply searching for someone else's similar issue?

(This one is solved, but in case someone else needs to know, click on a topic above between "Verizon Forums" and the Thread title. Just to the left of the thread title, you will find a subtopic, e.g. My Verizon Account. If it's fitting, you can click that and create a new message within that subforum. If not, click further to the left, e.g. Residential Products and Services).

My Question: I just received an email warning me to return my FiOS equipment or I will be charged. However, I have returned it, and I have an official receipt from the UPS store with a tracking number on it. (Subquestion 2b: the guy charged me a dollar for the return. Not that I mind paying, but isn't this a prepaid return? Also, he used the USPS label even though the instructions clearly stated not to use that label for a UPS (vs usps) return.

Since I closed the FiOS account when I moved, I cannot login to contact Verizon and tell them what I am posting here. Yes, I have a Verizon account for the landline at my home (with its own separate frustrations), but when I tried to use that account to chat with Verizon, I was denied, and received the Chat Unavailable page.

I'm spending way too many hours on this, just to prove that I returned the equipment. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

0 Likes
Re: Equipment Return: Have receipt, but am receiving warnings from Verizon to return or be charged
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi greenlight,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes