Equipment return fraud
srearoyl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been, up until the last month or so, and extremely happy FIOS customer.  It all went south when I moved and I no longer could have FIOS, which is when I had to return the equipment back to Verizon.  First, all was fine...then VZ started calling every day about the equipment, even before the sent me the box!!! How stupid is that?

A few days later (about 15 days or go since I requested), I finally receive the box.  Phone calls still coming the entire time asking about equipment.  The box....huge box sent, only for a router, cable card, and the old standard sd set-top box.  So, I add in extra padding, wrap up all THREE items, and put them in the box with all the paperwork and drop it off at my works mail department to be picked up by UPS.  VZ sent a prepaid UPS label, so a plus for them.  However....

About two weeks later, I get another bill from VZ...I went from VZ owing me $53 to me owing VZ $52....I looked...the charged me for a cable card?  I called "customer service", and the person at the other end asked if I had a shipping receipt...why would I have a shipping receipt for a prepaid label? Kind of stupid.  I've never dropped off any pre-paid box/package anywhere and gotten a receipt....from the driver, ups store, or other. If it is prepaid, it's prepaid.  I explained that if VZ received one item, they received them all since they were all in the same box.  They were supposedly supposed to be looking for them.

Now, well over two weeks after I submitted my complaint, I still see VZ has not credited my account.  I still have a past due bill.  VZ still owe's me $53.  I know how VZ likes to ding people for not paying...how about if it is the other way around?  VZ chooses to use some third party to handle equipment returns, and due to that VZ has now dropped my satisfaction level to a new low, and now I am finding it very difficult to recommend service due to their failures. 

Anyone know how to get it fixed? I get tired of waiting and dealing with the unknowledgable CS people on the phone.  (it took over three years and about a dozen calls for them just to get my name correct on the bill)

80 Replies
HereItComes

Received the first bill tonight after upgrading in December, and I see at the end of it that they claim I must return previous boxes or face $800 in charges, despite the fact that I shipped them back via UPS as was requested by Verizon, and despite the fact that I received an email from Verizon last month stating that they had received my equipment.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello HereItComes

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
oceanpearl

I have a similar issue

I have returned my router and they cannot find the returned router and I am still being charged for it

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
hweekly

Same of many, many issues. Returned equipment 6 months ago. Of course it then showed up on my bill for unreturned equipment. First lovely lady that I got on the phone hung up on me when I told her what was happening. Guess she didn't want to deal with it. After another hour on hold, got another lady that "seemed" helpful and told me that they would put it in for investigation and I would hear from someone within 48 hours. Still waiting for that call. Contacted another three reps today and got the run around. They can't find the tracking number that they gave me and unfortunately the receptionist at my office did not record the tracking number and I didn't get a copy of the number. I contacted UPS as a Verizon rep suggested and spent hours on the phone with them to find out that even they said they have had an extreme amount of problems with Verizon causing problems for them. But since I don't have the tracking number, they said that they could track packages from my office to the delivery address if I could get the address. Spent yet another hour on the phone with a Verizon rep who told me that they can not give me the warehouse address. I was promised by the supervisor that I spoke with that she would call me before the end of her shift to let me know if she had found anything, and just as I expected, an empty promise and no phone call. Looks to me that Verizon will do everything in their power NOT to help their customers. This is beyond frustrating and is a serious crime against their customers. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello hweekly

0 Likes
rabaman

Same problem here.  I returned a set top box I didnt need using the provided box and prepaid label that came in the welcome kit.  I dropped it off at a UPS desk in Staples, which I've done a million times before, and didn't get a receipt.  Why would I need a receipt for a pre-paid label with a tracking number right on it?  Surely verizon knows the tracking number, I even talked to them on the phone first before sending it back.

Well long story short, they never got it.  They have no idea what the tracking number is or how to find it.  And after crediting my account for a month of charges while they look for it, they are charging me again, plus the back month since they couldnt find it.  The lady on the phone said it was all my fault for not getting a receipt.

Fantastic

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello rabaman

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
voov
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the issue after I just went with another issue. Before is was about a mysterius bill that was affecting my credit report,now is about a returned router, I've returned because I had a problem with the router. Though I still have a new router and getting charged for the old router that I've returned, I'm just getting tired of this **bleep**. I've called about it, I even provided the UPS tracking number. I was told that the charge was going to be removed, but I'm still getting charged. Customer service is terrible. This is a known issue with verizon and I call this a scam. Scaming on the people that are still using the service. Makes me wonder why I even bother switching from Comcast to verizon. At least comcast didn't charged me for return devices. Very frustrated. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi voov,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
DeadSurvivor
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upon renewing my contract, the service technician installed the Fios Quantum Router.  Rather than returning the previous router, which was boxed, tagged and ready to be sent back to Verizon, I asked if the technician could return my older router.  His answer was yes and after a week has passed, I still have a warning on my account that states I will owe money on equipment if the equipment isn't returned within thirty days.

I do have the technicians card he gave me, which I won't post publicly unless asked to.  How can this issue be resolved?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DeadSurvivor wrote:

Upon renewing my contract, the service technician installed the Fios Quantum Router.  Rather than returning the previous router, which was boxed, tagged and ready to be sent back to Verizon, I asked if the technician could return my older router.  His answer was yes and after a week has passed, I still have a warning on my account that states I will owe money on equipment if the equipment isn't returned within thirty days.

I do have the technicians card he gave me, which I won't post publicly unless asked to.  How can this issue be resolved?

One of the admins MIGHT try and assist, but essentially you need to contact Verizon through Calling, chat, or (if the admins do open an item for you) the private problem area. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You will need to contact Verizon. It might help if you have the technician's name or at least the work order number so they can track him down.

0 Likes
Alvine1

Hi,

I got the same issue and until now i got the new billing charge as verizon didn't receive my equipment return. I sent all the requirement to versiozn at 4/4/16 with UPS. The tracking number was {edited for privacy} with delivered status. My Cust Ref No was: {edited for privacy}. Please help me to figure out this issue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Alvine,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
avimarcus

I am having the same issue. I returned my fios equipment and recieved a confirmation email that the equipment was recieved by verizon. Instead of verizon oweing me, i now owe verizon $50. I have tried to contact customer service but no one seems to know which department deals with the equipment returns. I was very happy with fios up until i moved and couldnt bring them along, and I am a happy verizon wireless user for over 10 years. I am very dissapointed that this was how I have been treated. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi avimarcus, 

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes