FALSE PROMISES
Cookie40

I started my verizon services in 9/13. I did not have a contractual agreement to stay, but was able to receive a bundle package of $79.99 (TV, internet, phone). Although, I was under the impression this would last for a year it did not. Subsequently, 6 months later in fact the bill gradually increased.

I called in 9/16/14 right before my so called "discount" was said to expire, never mind my bill had already increased about $20 a month. I had returned one of my set top boxes to off set the increase by this time. I had not received a raise in 3 years and was in a tight financial predicament. I said to the Verizon Rep. (Mr. Wright) that I would be willing to do a 2 yr. agreement if I can get my set top box back and pay my same rate (no increase).  This was a reasonable request in my opinion, since I had paid my bills on time every month regardless of my situation. Verizon was offering to it's " new customers" with a 2yr. agreement  a bundle price of $79.99 + $400 gift card! I was willing to take my business elsewhere to get a better deal. Time Warner, Dish and Direct TV were all offering similar promotions

Mr. Wright stated that I could get an digital adapter for $5.99 a month, and he would issue a credit of $5 a month credit for 2 yrs. meaning my bill would only increase $1.00 per month. He stated he could not offer the set top box for any cheaper. A digital adapter allows you to get all of the cable channels you pay for in SD, no "on demand" features. I agreed to this deal and since then, I have been literally fighting with verizon reps every month to honor the credit promised.

Every month since 9/16//14, I have had to call and have this credit placed on my account. Sometimes the verizon reps play dumb and act like they don't know what I'm talking about. On 10/10/14 I told a rep by the name "Mrs. Omi" that I will cancel during the grace period, (30 days) from the agreement date, if I dont get written confirmation by email. She issued the credit of $10.00 for months Oct. and Nov. and sent the email, my proof.

Verizon needs to give me my $5 credit per month, as they agreed. Not to mention the representatives have been rude and dismissive through the entire process. Some acknowledging the agreement and saying "we can't do it" 12/31/14 "Ms. Gainey".

0 Likes
Re: FALSE PROMISES
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: FALSE PROMISES
Cookie40

Ok I have heard this before. So hope you don"t mind if I take a wait and see approach

0 Likes