FIOS Internet Activation Fee not waived - as promised!
PSat

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me.  We have been with Verizon for 15 years!!  We just moved so I called in Verizon to tell them that I am moving and ordered Double Bundle (FIOS + Phone) end of November 2014.  The agent told me she will waive off the Installation Charge and the Activation Charge.  When I got an email confirmation of the order, I saw that they charged me $69.99 for Activation Charge.  

Thus, next day, I called in and spoke with Earl.  I told him to cancel the order as I thought the activation was free.  He told me not to cancel the order and that he can help me get the fee waived.  However, he can't do it until an account is setup.  So, he said he will put in the Notes that the fee will be waived and that he will schedule a follow-up call.

I never got a follow up call so I called 2-3 days later and spoke to a lady who saw the notes and said that she does see that Earl would follow up on the account.  So, I thought the activation fee would be waived.  I got my first bill and I see a charge of the 1st installment of the activation fee.  I called in and spoke with Supervisor Suzie (id# 559646) - she was not at all pleasant to talk to.  She quite rudely stated they never waive off that activation fee and there was nothing she could do about it.  She asked me to go online and talk to a 'chat representative' about this.  

Frustrated about the fact that 1) I was promised a waiver of the activation fee by one of the call center agents.  2) Inspite of the agent putting in the notes that he would 'follow up' on the account - nobody bothered to call back and/or take care of the waiver 3) The unprofessionalism of the supervisor to not even hear the entire story out, but to rudely state that she can't do anything.  4) This -- after being with Verizon for 15 years!!!  Cannot believe the training offered to these so called supervisors and the corporate culture!

Truly Frustrated.

PS.

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Internet Activation Fee not waived - as promised!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes