FRUSTRATED new customer - missed service installation!
StephSkiv

I am now on hour 4 of digging around on the website and sitting on hold on the phone.  I was so excited to get FIOS TV and Internet set up at my new house, but am having serious doubts now!  My service installation date was yesterday, 7/20 between 1-5pm, then updated to 5-6pm.  At 6:30pm I called support.  After nearly 30 minutes (most of that on hold), I was told they couldn't even get ahold of the technician, but he had closed his last ticket so "should" be on his way.  By 8pm no one had arrived, called, or emailed so I called back.  This time I was transferred to a representative I could barely understand and put on hold for nearly 1.5 hours!  By the time I had reached a technical support person, I was told dispatchers were already gone for the day and I was better off calling first thing in the morning.  So the day of my install, a technician NEVER showed up nor did I receive any type of notification.  Not only diid I take the time off work to be available (at a new EMPTY house at that), but I also had to waste nearly 2 hours on the phone begging for an update and remediation!!!!!

Today I got ahold of support and was told I was the 2nd appointment on the technicians schedule, with no ETA.  I can't even be at my house!  Luckily my fiance can be there.  I asked to be transferred to escalate my complaint.  Why would I have to pay an activation, installation, or any type of fee for a missed appointment with NO NOTIFICATION?  All I recieved was $10 off per month for 12 months.  That comes no where close to compensating me for the time I took off work, let along the aggrevation and unprofessionalism I've dealt with.  I've now spent over an hour on the website desperately trying to find a way to file a complaint.  I can't even register my acccount yet, as I don't have an account number at this time (probably because I still do not have service!).  

This is the most unprofessional service I have EVER dealt with.  With a name as prestigious as Verizon, I am appalled at the lack of notification, customer service, or compensation for the massive inconvenience I have incurred. At this point I'm wondering why I would even choose Verizon service, let alone ever recommend it to family and friends. They surely will hear about my horrible service installation experience.

0 Likes
Re: FRUSTRATED new customer - missed service installation!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes