False Negative Account

Last year I cancelled my verizon services and was charged a termination fee which I paid in full. However, the account has been deemed unpaid and was even sent to collection. I was not aware of this until I tried to apply for a loan for school this summer and I was denied because of the collection item on my report. When I tried to contact verizon they transferred me me to chase receivables who told me I need to contact verizon. I have my receipt of payment still with me, how do I get in contact with someone to get this negative account balance off of my credit report. Thank You

Re: False Negative Account
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jjonesy24,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.