HELP! Lied by a sales rep during contract extension.
iminin

I've been a longterm Verizon FIOS customer. My last contract of $39.99/mnth expired in October. I missed the date, so the bill I got for the month after turned out to be $84.99/mnth - that's the way I found out.

Two days later or so, I called up verizon customer support to learn what can be done about going back down to reasonable rates or extending the former plan for another two years. The rep promises a slightly bumped up rate of $44.99/mnth with a two year extension. I inquire whether this willl be applied for the current period as well, which was billed at $84.99. The rep says he can't adjust the bill, but that he WILL issue an offsetting $40 credit so it will show up as $44.99 as expected. Confident, I sign up for the contract, thinking that +$5 per month is not a bad deal.

First month's charge goes in as promised and expected - $44.99

But for the second month, the bill once again comes in as $84.99. I immidiately call customer service. I'm told by another rep not to worry - the bill is $84.99 but there is a $40 dollar credit on the account so I will actually end up being charged $44.99. Ok.

Due date comes around and I'm charged $84.99. I'm back on the phone again, with a third different rep this time. She checks the notes. Says for whatever reason the credit expired. But that she will put that back into the system and that my next bill will actually be $4.99 and that I will get an email stating the issuance of the $40 credit before Friday (of last week 12/8).

Friday comes around and nothing happens. I call again, fourth rep this time - checks the notes says that there is a credit scheduled to be applied on Saturday. But that he will contact the issuing department. Tells me they responded and said they'll take care of it that day, but if not - Saturday at latest. Tries to cross-sell me TV service and get me to upgrade to higher speed internet.

On Sunday, there is nothing in the email, nothing in the account. I call again - office closed. Get on chat and speak with yet another representative who for the first 30 minutes tries to explain to me WHY I have the bill i do before finally looking at the notes and feeds me the same pile of manure I've already heard - it will get applied soon. I ask if I can speak with the manager. She takes my info, promises I will get a call within 24 hours.

Fast forward to today. No call from the manager. I get on the phone and ask to speak with a supervisor. I get to talk to Donna (?) who politely explains to me that retroactive credit application is not even in Verizon's policy and that the CLAIM the representative submitted got denied and so i'm getting squat. Says she can't listen to the calls or read the chat conversation since those are not recorded (**bleep**?). Offers me $25 out of niceness. Furiously, i refuse.

I do not think I deserved this. I almost feel like the notes on the account say "{word filter avoidance} with this guy. He expects a $40 credit he is not getting so keep promising that to him". I know i'm not halucinating, and I know there was not a word that read "claim" in any of my conversations. All of them said "will be applied".

I don't want this to be my very last verizon experience, but unless this is resolved - thats exactly the direction this is going in. Please assist. In fact this isn't about $40 dollars per se, as it is about being treated fairly and taking responsibility for your representatives' misdoings.

0 Likes
Re: HELP! Lied by a sales rep during contract extension.
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi iminin,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes