Highly unsatisfied customer- unable to get callback
kiaramami

I have been a verizon customer for 5 yrs. After my contract was up recently, and after receiving a promotion nearly everyday decided to call and renew contract. BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. After a 3 hr long phone call, the rep was able to offer me a contract similar to a new customer less the prepaid visa. However, after i received the email confirmation, it did not include the promotions she said I would receive nor did it have the monthly price she told me my bill would be. I called back within 24 hours explained the situation and was told i would recoeve a callback from the retention department, but no one called. 2 days later, i called back and explained it to the rep who then told me that although the 1st rep who i renewed the contract told me i would have that price for the 2 years of my contract did not give me correct info and some of the discounts that she promised for 2 yrs would expire within 2 weeks. She transferred me to supervisor and after explaining everything to her she told me rep1 had misinformed me about the price as well as the promotion of 24 months of all the premium channels. In fact, the supervisor told me that even though i had the promo in my hand, that offer was in fact not available to new customers. I told her i entered into the agreement under false pretenses because i was promised a specific price and specific upgrades but she still tried to talk me into keeping a contract in which i didnt agree to. And that rep1 would possibly be reprimanded. After telling her i wanted to cancel several times she then told me that if i cancel contract i would be paying a much higher price because no contract no discounts. The new plan was with many fewer channels than i had previously but was at the same price i paid previously. So i told her i wanted to go back to my old plan and she then told me if i went to my old plan i would have to pay 40 more a month since i was grandfathered in at that price. I told her that i only changed it because i promised a certain price and entered the contract thinking i was getting more and if she didnt "misinform" me i wouldnt of changed anything. So now i am stuck paying the same price for a bundle with about 200 fewer channels all at the expense of rep1 "misinforming" me. So i have to suffer with a much higher bill than i thought i would have with less services!!! I asked to speak to someone else and she told me there is no one else i can speak to. Mind you this is all within 4 days of agreeing to a contract but not recieving what i agreed to and couldnt even go back to the position i was in previously even though it was the rep1 fault, who may or may not be reprimanded. So i am in a lose lose situation and wish i never even tried to renew my contract. All verizon customers beware, because you will be told a certain price and uprades but once ypu agree they say it was a mistake and we cant give that to you. On top of that, she claimed the promo i had in my hand was not being offered!!! Sounds to me like consumer fraud, bait and switch as well as false promotions. I have a question verizon, why send me a promotion Everyday that i cant take advantage of,only new customers can, but then tell me u value existing customers just as much? If i am entering a new 2 yr contract i should be able to subscribe to those promotions as well.

So after calling back numerous times and spending 12-15 hours on the phone and being told a supervisor would call me back, which none ever did, i am stuck with a higher bill and less services because of you rep. And i call and asked customer care several times who can i speak to about this situation . All customer care said was a supervisor will call you back. There has to be some type of dispute department to handle these situations but no one is giving me the contact information. One rep told me to contact the closed captioning department. Closed caption is for the words to be displayed on tv for hearing inpaired. I guess that was a punch in the face and implied that I cant hear. I can hear fine and i cant wait for the conversations to be reviewed!!!!
I would love to be somehow credited for all my trouble , time and stress caused by a rep 'misinforming' me!!!

Please verizon, feel free to contact me because I have not recieced a callback from anyone. I am always promised the world from you guys and nobody every follows thru.

0 Likes
Re: Highly unsatisfied customer- unable to get callback
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes