How Verizon increases its cash flow by defrauding customers
StefanDz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just a warning/observation.

I had Verizon fios internet service, and planned to move. I notified Verizon, WELL IN ADVANCE, that I wanted service stopped on June 2.

Some time later I received emails saying I had a Verizon bill due, so a dutifully paid it--because I'm not accustomed to be defrauded by service providers. I submitted a payment that was a typical month's charges.

Then I noticed that the bill was for service May 27 - June 26. Most of a month AFTER the stop-service date I provided a long, long time ago.

Verizon's absolutely useless "customer service" drone tells me that's normal. They bill for a full month, and then some time later, maybe a month or two, they send a refund. Is the math that complicated? No--it's intentional. They get to keep my money and that of thousands of other customers for a few weeks, which probably amounts to a rolling stash of millions of dollars of over-billings, and they take their sweet time returning it by snail mail.

So be forewarned, when it's time to cancel Verizon services--you will probably be sent a bill for far too much.

Re: How Verizon increases its cash flow by defrauding customers
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Nothing unusual about this.  Its typical of this and several other industries.  Not saying I wouldn't prefer they didn't do things this way.  Until you actual stop services, the bills keep coming and any amount paid for service after that is suppose to be refunded.

Hopefully you don't have to much trouble getting them to refund it, and yes they take their time in doing the refund.

0 Likes