How hard is it to get a refund??
Drm1987
I cancelled my service at the end of july. I was told by a customer service representative that since verizon bills a month in advance, I would have to pay it but then I would get my money refunded. I thought that was weird but I did it anyway. It is now December and I still have not seen a check. I have called several times in between and had to explain my reason for a refund, was told that I shouldn't of paid it if I didn't owe it, and then told I would get a refund (about 3 month ago) November 3rd I actually got a bill in the mail stating my refund... and now December 17th... still no refund.. called verizon today and personally talked to someone... apparently it takes 2 billing cycles for them to accept the refund and send it out... but no one told me earlier... I wouldn't be so upset if all this was lined out in front of me.. but information is transferred from one department to another... rude customer service reps telling you they care about you but actually doing nothing to help you... I asked if I would be compinsated for my inconvenience. . And apparently that's not verizon policy either... if I owed verizon money for 5 months best believe i would be charged late fees and interest ... but they can hold onto my money with no penalty??? I am unbelievably appalled at my interactions with Verizon and can't believe they wouldn't care enough to try to keep my business... I will never be using fios again... and once my wireless contract is up I will not be using that either... I am a VERY disspointed customer
0 Likes
Re: How hard is it to get a refund??
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Drm1987,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes