How to cancel
sclowry
Enthusiast - Level 2

My contract ends this December. I am planning on terminating my fiaccuser vice but I see many nightmare stories about returning the gear. Is there a way to hand deliver the gear to Verizon so I don't have to worry about things getting lost in the mail? 

the support web links are not working on the web site. Just how does one actually terminate this service?

0 Likes
Re: How to cancel
sclowry
Enthusiast - Level 2

My auto correct butchered that...I am looking for how to cancel my FIOS Service.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Sorry to see you leaving. I would take the hardware to a local store if you have one. STBs. DVR(s), and router. Get a receipt for each, and make sure the receipt matches the serial numbers on the hardware returned. Do it before the end of your billing cycle, or right after, if you do not have at  least one month, of month to month service. If you cancel prior to the end of you commitment you may be charged the ETF. It is prorated so it may be $10. If you cancel before the end of your billing cycle you should not be billed for the coming month. Fios bills in advance. That is why I sugested before the end of the billing cycle, not the day the bill is generated. You need to look at the bill. I think my cut off date is the 21st of each month. My bill is generated on like the 25th or something. I hope it is because you are moving or something.

This is information is only based on my customer knowledge, and you need to contact Verizon directly. This is a peer to peer support community, and information obtained here is not guaranteed to be accurate.

sclowry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info. I am canceling because it has become too expensive. Verizon won't match whati can get from Comcast . I basically bounce back and forth because these two companies don't  give renewal deals that are comparable to the deals given to new customers. So I will more than likely return when Comcast fails to offer me a comparable renewal.

0 Likes
sadgranma

Trying to get my payment reducted as I am now retired.  However, signed new contract before I had to retire. Verizon won't help reduce my payment it keeps going up now is at 147.29. What can be done to have this reduced? It will cost 230.00 to opt out of the contract.  This stinks.

0 Likes