How to get this fixed?
SPF5

I've been a customer of Verizon since December 2012 and never had a problem until now.

On 7/9/14 I requested a transfer of services from my current address to my new address, and with that transfer a new phone number and calling plan to be installed/acitvated on 7/28/14.

Also on 7/9/14 my mother requested new service to be set up in her name at my previous address, her activation/install date was also 7/28/14. 

A week after placing the order my mother had not received her installation kit so she called and was told it was shipped and delivered, although the tech person could not verify to what address or provide a tracking number. She was told it would be reshipped.

On 7/25/14 she still had not received her installation kit. She called again and this time was told nothing was being shipped and a technician would bring it when he came to do the install on 7/28. She tried to explain that she didn't need a technician to come plug the thing in as we know the phone line works and I can get her set up and show her how to get online, we just needed the modem.

After much confusion with a tech that barely spoke english, he bumped her over to a customer service rep. Mom is a senior citizen and was not understanding everything, so she gave the phone to me.

The customer service rep informed me that the confusion was because I was moving my service from and trying to set up new service for mom at the same address, that it would have been easier to just transfer my account to mom and set up new service for myself at my new address.

So I questioned if we could cancel our pending orders and simply transfer my account to her name so she would have service. I was told yes and was put on hold while she put in the order to cancel the pending orders for moving my service and setting up new service for mom. I was put on hold again while she verified this was done. And finally I was put on hold while she put in the order to transfer my existing account to my mother.

I was assured by this customer sevice rep that the order to move my service placed on 7/9 and the order to set up new service for mom placed on 7/9 were both cancelled.

I was assured that my current account would be transfered into my mother's name and that the transfer would take place with absolutely no interruption in service and would be completed on 7/28.

The customer service rep asked me if I wanted her to help me set up new service to my new address and I said not at this time since my move in date was delayed and I would call back at a later date to set up new service at the new address. That for now we just wanted my existing account to remain in place at it's original address and to merely be transfered into my mother's name. No other changes were to happen to service to this address, and no service would be established at my new address until I called back and requested it at a later date.

Should be simple so far, right? Cancel the two pending orders, leave everything as is and just change the name on the account. Not that hard to understand.

On 7/28/14 we woke to find internet and phone were not working, so much for uninterrupted service! Another call to Verizon and we find out that my service had been cancelled. My existing service that was supposed to be merely transered into mom's name was disconnected. Not only that, but no one could tell me if the previous orders were actually cancelled or not.

After four days and hours and hours of phone calls and practically begging for service to be restored, being put on hold again and again, getting different stories from each person we spoke to including a tech who said mom needed to talk to the Billing Dept to authorize the switch into her name and get service going - and she was bumped there and spoke to an extremely rude woman only to be bumped back to a different tech who claimed service was still at the existing address but with a different phone number, another saying service was moved, and every person telling us that everything would be fixed and working by the end of that day, we decided enough was enough and told the next tech we got bumped back to to just cancel everything in both our names.

Suddenly our problem mattered and we were bumped up to an agent in the escalation department.

On Thursday 7/31/14 this agent assured my mother she would stay with her until everything was resolved. She said that because we tried to move service and establish service from/to the same address on the same day, the computer was trying to do two things at once to the same address and getting confused. At the end of the day we were handed off to another agent. So much for staying with us until things were fixed!

The new agent was much better at explaining things and seemed to really care about getting everything fixed for us, but by Friday 8/1/14 things were still not in service. However, we were assured that the computer back up was cleared so the order to reinstate my original service to the original address would go through, she just couldn't say how quickly that would happen, so five days in and still no working service.

On top of this, without my consent, she let us know that she also placed a new order for new service for me at my new address. I did not request or authorize this! She told us to not worry, let's just make sure the old service to the old address that was disconnected in error by Verizon gets restored first, then we'd worry about the other order she placed. She didn't want to cancel anything until the system was cleared out and the disconnection was resolved first. Ok, that sounded logical, I agreed to wait before cancelling that address even though by this point I was very angry and upset that service was re-ordered without my permission to an address where I'm not living yet.

Finally my original account phone and internet at my original address was re-established under my name and my old phone number on 8/3/14. All that should have been left to do was cancel the new order to the other address, call billing to let them know my current account was without service from 7/28 until 8/3 so my bill could be adjusted, and decide if/when we would try to transfer the account into mom's name or if we'd just leave it in mine after I move next door.

On 8/5/14 my mother received a pre-paid return label with instructions to return the Verizon Broadband Equipment she received or she would be charged for it. SHE NEVER RECEIVED ANY EQUIPMENT! So she tried calling the agent who assured her that she would be with her until everything was fixed. The agent did not return her call.

On 8/6/14 I received notice that I would be getting a $19.99 activation fee for "new service"  to my old address with my old phone number. So I'm being charged for Verizon to fix their screw up of disconnecting when they should not have and reconnecting is being treated as a brand new connection. I should not be getting charged an activation fee for service that wasn't supposed to be disconnected!

I've also received and email saying that service at my new address will be active on 8/6/14 but I have no idea what phone number is being set up at the new address, what services are included, or even what the account number is since I did not place the new order, nor did I authorize it, and the agent is not calling back.

We have been trying for a week to reach the agent who was helping us before service was restored, but after a week of leaving messages we have not received a single call back. So much for getting everything fixed, I guess she figured the problem was entirely resolved with the service reconnect. It wasn't.

This is an absolute nightmare. How many more phone calls and hours on hold do I need to go through to get this resolved?

1. I need my next bill adjusted to reflect the days without service due to Verizon's error.

2. I need something in writing telling my mother she will not be charged for equipment she did not received and to disregard this letter that threatens to charge her.

3. I need information on the service at the new address that the agent took it upon herself to establish without my consent so I can decide if I want to cancel that service or keep it in place for now.

Verizon, I'm not impressed. How much longer is it going to take to get this nonsense resolved and who do I have to talk to? Do I just need to cancel everything and go elsewhere for phone and internet?

0 Likes
Re: How to get this fixed?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SPF5,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes