How to lose a customer in 3 calls and 1 online chat
Frustated_Cust

After being a loyal Verizon FIOS for 1 year and almost 10 months, I'm cancelling services, after a lot of frustration.

I was a satisfied customer, leveraging Double Play, with Preferred TV services with DVR, and FIOS Internet, the fastest option available in the package, in Tampa.

1. Back early October (Oct.4th, {edited for privacy}) , I called customer service and requested a move of my service to happen on Nov 24th, as had bought a new house after renting for a year, and I was still in the process of remodelling at the time I called. I expected to move to the new place on Nov. 24th and wanted a smooth transition of services to my new house. I was told by the customer service representative that the package I had was no longer available, so I would be granfathered into a new plan with the same options + phone services, at the same price. I was even given a phone number to use at my new address.

And this is where all sorts of problems happened:

2. My Internet service was disconnected from my apt. on Oct. 23rd. I called, and after being transferred 3 times, with a new customer service representative asking me each time for all information, telling me that I no longer had services and asking me for my social security number to start a new service at my current location, I finally got the Internet service restored the next day.

The next day, a representative from Verizon called me to apologize about the mix-up, and said everything was working again, my services were reconnected, and I was set for a Nov. 24th move.

My Internet connectivity, however, was spotty throughout last week, and I did not call to complain because I simply didn't have the time to do so... I had rely on a company-provided wireless device for Internet, and work from the Office (I usually work from Home 2-3 days a week)

3. On election day, two days ago, I turned on the TV set to watch the news, and I found a weird error in the SetTop Box saying that there was Nothing wrong with my services (but yet I had no TV access). I called the quick number, and I was told by the CS representative that there was nothing she could do because I did not have TV services setup, as far as she could see...to call the main Verizon number. I called the main Verizon number, again, after 3 CS Representatives transfering mo the next person without passing out any information and being told I wasn't supposed to have TV services (when in fact I had had services for only the day before), an my frustration growing with passing time, a CS representative finally told me he couldn't help me, that he would escalate the problem and a supervisor would call me the next day....and promised that I wouldn't have to reiterate my problem.

The entire day next day went by and I did not hear from anybody.

4. I contacted Customer Support, online this time, trying to get things resolved and politely vent my frustration...I was transferred once. The 2nd person, an online  CS by the name of "MATT" disconnected the chat after discussing what was wrong.

I started a new chat, I was told by the new CS who responded that unfortunately a technician would have to go and add my TV services again, and there was no availability for this until Nov. 18th, so I was not going to get TV services back until then. She asked if I wanted to instead just have my services installed at my new house.

At that point, I was fed up. I received nothing but very bad customer support from Verizon, and I'm as unhappy and frustrated after several attempts to get a simple request, well ahead of time, for a move of services, properly done.

I requested to have my services disconnected on Nov. 18th, the last day of my billing cycle (for which I've already paid, but I'm not getting good Internet service, and no TV Service at all), and to have Verizon reimburse me for the days betwen now and Nov. 18th, since my TV services won't be reinstated.

I was looking forward to using Triple Play at my new house after one good year of service from Verizon, but your customer support is horrendous. I don't want to ever have need help from it again.

A dissatisfied customer,

Sergio R.

0 Likes
Re: How to lose a customer in 3 calls and 1 online chat
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Frustated_Cust,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes