I've been kidding myself......Verizon FIOS Service really does suck!
njseeker

Long term Verizon user and was just preparing to return to Verizon from AT&T for my iPhone after just moving up to the Ultimate Package.  Here's my story.

In July I had a sprinkler system installed and the crew inadvertently cut the FIOS line.  FIOS did send out someone promptly who ran a temporary line to ensure I had service.  I asked when the line would be buried and the installer told me 10 days to two weeks.  Since then, I've followed up on 6 different occassions, with the constant "we're sorry but all we can do is file a ticket to follow up." 

About 3 weeks ago, I saw a Verizon trunk coming up the drive and thought "finally."  I watched the guy get out of his truck, go to the side of my house where the above ground line is laying......kick the dirt a bit.....stroll back to his truck and driveaway.  Didn't show back up.  Next.......about two weeks ago another guy from Verizon calls me to say he just received the ticket and will be taking care of burying the cable.  He then says......."I need to take a look at the line so I'm coming by your home around 9:30 or 10:00 PM to check it out."   Not sure what he needed to check out....especially in the dark and frankly not even sure if he showed up.  I then asked him when he was actually going to bury the cable and he said.....I'll probably need about 2 weeks!!!! ANother 2 weeks......are you kidding me!  

The icing on the cake for me was that I just called to follow up for the 6th time after the two weeks passed and the cable is still not buried and the CSR .....very discourteous and after keeping me on hold for 1/2 an hour transferred me (without telling me he was doing so) to someone else, where I had to go through the whole lame process again to get me to a "live person."  I then re-entered the endless "on hold" loop.  I waited an hour while I caught up on work email.  When I got to the end of email, I said thats it......and hung up.

FIOS, IMHO is a great product but their service is absolutely the worse of any company I've experienced.  I'm done rewarding Verizon to continue poor service by paying for their products each month to the tune of about $200.00.  First thing Monday morning I'm going to call Optimum and see about switching over.  No way am I moving back to Verizon Wireless and front here on out, they won't have me touting the great FIOS to friends who are considering the service.

GOODBYE VERIZON!  I hope someone in senior mgmt sees this post and someone begins to listen to the customers.

0 Likes
Re: I've been kidding myself......Verizon FIOS Service really does suck!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi njseeker

That is frustrating, for sure. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
njseeker,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Honestly, they're only giong to bury it 4-5 inches down at best. Grab a shovel and bury it yourself. Then move on with your day.

Should they have taken care of it? Absolutely. It's just faster and less of a hassle to do it yourself than to actually get a Verizon contractor out to take care of it.

njseeker

An update.......A bit lenghty......sorry.  I initially posted my issue above on 10/15.  On 10/26 after a number of Private emails with a Verizon CSR, a sub-contractor showed up (unannounced) to bury the cable.  YEA.....finally. 

Problem was the sub explained;  all they could do was run and bury a permanent line up to my house and then a Verizon tech would have to finish the install.  I advised the Verizon CSR, of the status and noted that the sub didn't call in advance and just showed up....just happy I was home at the time.  Verizon responded that since they are a sub-contractor, Verizon can't know when they are scheduling their work and showing up at a customer's homes.  Another example of poorly coordinated and executed services on the part of Verizon. 

Again, I'm glad someone showed but if I hadn't been home I suspect I would still be waiting.

A Verizon tech did call the house on 11/1 and spoke to my young daugther and indicated he would call back.  No call back as of now but I recognize I'm dealing with the "Verizon Clock" so, I'm going to wait a couple of more days before following up.  I did send a private note to the CSR so we'll see.

So.....the line was cut in July......finally buried at the end of October.  Hoping the permanent line is connected before Turkey Day.  Let's see. 

PS:  I did make a decision about my cell phone (2 lines) and because of this entire situation, I decided to resign up with AT&T for my two iPhones.  I did it bitting my lip but I simply decided I wasn't going to continue to reward Verizon with more of my hard own bucks with the kind of customer service I've received.  Interestingly, at the same time I was going through all of this I contacted AT&T to determine how much I would be tagged to cancel my contract.  When the CSR asked why I was thinking about cancelling I explained I had been with Verizon for a long time prior to moving to AT&T to get the iPhone and I was tired of all the dropped calls I was experiencing in my area.  The CSR listened and then asked if okay to do some research.  Long story short, she took the time to research the situations with towers in my area, new towers going up and when they would be activated.  Then......she credited my account with $50.00 (I didn't ask for anything) for the inconvenience.  Now that in my opinion is the way to respond to a dissastified customer.....not just with the credit but by listening and being responsive.  I'm sure AT&T has customer services issues as well......but in this one instance they responded as I would have expected.  A lesson Verizon apparently hasn't learned yet. 

0 Likes