This message is regarding negative reporting for a residential internet account which was never opened and was cancelled before opening.
Verizon first sent the account to collections and i politely told the representative that i am happy to pay the bill provided you give me a bill ON A RECORDED LINE. i have called multiple times, and the verizon call centre says there is no amount due and they cannot see any bill.
After a month i got a copy of the bill from the collection agency with a cover letter which had no action ticked of the choices what is the next step. The BILL said its for UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT AND THE AMOUNT WILL BE CREDITED back once the equipment is returned.The bill was dated may 15 2015 with payment due date june 9th 2015. the equipment was sent through UPS and was with verizon on June 2 or 3rd much before the bill due date. I called and confirmed again on a recorded line and verizon rep confirmed that equipment is with them, Further, UPS receipt/tracking shows the same it has been deilivered.
I called the collection agency and told them that as PER THE BILL, THIS CHARGE IS FOR UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT AND CLEARLY SAYS THAT THE amount will be credited back once equipment is returned. The fact of the matter is that the equipment was returned before the due date of the bill , so there should be no charge again on a recorded line. The person said ok and did not advise any further.
There after to my shock VERIZON reported this as an unpaid bill on my credit report and i have a bunch of objections
1. the account was never opened and i did not ask verizon to ship the equipment to my home
2. the bill was never sent to me in may 2015 either on email or by mail . Neither the call centre nor verizon reps are able to see a copy of bill online now or before.
3. The collection agency letter did not spell out if the debt is valid or not
4. Despite multiple contact and on facebook chat, verizon reps cannot find any account to my name or addres in the system or to the account number stated in the bill
5. Further, they said in WRITING they are not able to accept a dispute to credit reporting or my complaint and DO NOT SEE any bill due from me again in WRITING.
6. They are not able to accept a complaint/dispute and that to my understanding is against the law - if verizon reports to bureau they have to be able to accept a consumer complaint. AGAIN THIS IS IN WRITING.
i hear by request verizon to resolve this immediately and drop the charge from my report. If there is no response, based on larger number of complaints, i would then be writing to CFPB with all the materials and i have copy of every material, FDIC and Consumer affairs of Federal and State Communications regulatory authorities.
Can some one read through this and get in touch with me?
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.