INTERNET SERVICE CANCELLED WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION AND UNABLE TO ACCESS EMAILS
elost

I AM TURNING TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD AS ALMOST A LAST RESORT.  SINCE NOVEMBER 25TH I HAVE SPOKEN TO SEVEN VERIZON STAFF IN BILLING, TECH SUPPORT, THE E-CENTER (SHE CUT ME OFF AND I HAVE THE TRANSCRIPT) AND THE DOMAIN DEPARTMENT AND I HAVE LEFT THREE MESSAGES ON VERIZON CORPORATE CONSUMER AFFAIRS LINE, WITH NO CALL BACK.

MY PROBLEM IS THIS:

I HAVE (HAD) MY INTERNET AND RESIDENTIAL PHONE SERVICES WITH VERIZON AND MY CELL PHONE WITH VERIZON WIRELESS.  MY HUSBAND DECIDED HE WANTED TO SWITCH OUR TV SERVICE FROM DIRECT TV TO COMCAST; HE HAD THIS DONE ON NOVEMBER 22ND WHILE I WAS OUT OF TOWN.

WHEN I RETURNED AND ATTEMPTED TO ACCESS MY EMAILS ON NOVEMBER 25TH, I KEPT RECEIVING AN ERROR MESSAGE SAYING "YOUR ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED". AT FIRST I THOUGHT I HADN'T PAID MY BILL, SO I WENT INTO MY ACCOUNT AND SAW THAT MY BILL WASN'T DUE UNTIL 12/09.  I THEN CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FIND OUT WHY MY ACCOUNT WAS SUSPENDED.  WHOMEVER I FIRST SPOKE WITH SAID I HAD TERMINATED MY SERVICE AND I, OF COURSE SAID THAT WAS NOT TRUE.  THAT PERSON THEN TOLD ME ANOTHER AUTHORIZED USER MUST HAVE TERMINATED IT, TO WHICH I SAID I AM THE *ONLY* AUTHORIZED USER ON THE ACCOUNT AND I ASSURED THEM I HAD NOT ASKED FOR MY ACCOUNT TO BE CLOSED.  FURTHER, I NEEDED TO ACCESS MY EMAILS TO GET THE INFO FOR A FUNERAL SERVICE I WAS PARTICIPATING IN THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY,  I WAS TOLD THE ONLY HELP IN THIS SITUATION WAS THE BILLING DEPT WHICH COULD GRANT ACCESS TO MY EMAILS.  AND SO, I WAS TRANSFERRED TO THE BILLING DEPT.

I SPOKE WITH A LOVELY LADY, {edited for privacy}, WHO ATTEMPTED TO ASSIST ME.  AFTER SOME TIME OF TROUBLESHOOTING AND BEING UNABLE TO ASCERTAIN WHY MY SERVICE WAS DISCONTINUED WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, MISS BURRELL TRANSFERRED ME TO A TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP BY THE NAME OF LOUIS.  LOUIS WAS ALSO VERY CONCERNED, ATTEMPTED TO BE HELPFUL (HE COULD NOT EXPLAIN THE SERVICE TERMINATION EITHER), BUT SAID HE COULD GIVE ME 24 HOURS TO ACCESS MY EMAILS SO I COULD GET THE INFO I NEEDED FOR THE FUNERAL.  LOUIS TOLD BE TO GO TO www.keepmyemail.com AND FOLLOW THE ONSCREEN INSTRUCTIONS.    WHEN I DID THIS, THAT SYSTEM WOULD NOT ALLOW ME ANY ACCESS BECAUSE IT SAID "USER UNKNOWN".  I ATTEMPTED TO ACCESS THIS SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE ENSUING 24 HOURS.

ON NOVEMBER 26TH, I AGAIN CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SPOKE WITH A MAN NAMED {edited for privacy}. I EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO HIM (I.E. SERVICE TERMINATED WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION, NEEDING ACCESS TO EMAILS, ETC.).  {edited for privacy}, AFTER MUCH "TROUBLESHOOTING" TRANSFERRED ME TO A WOMAN NAMED, CHRISTY, IN TECH SUPPORT (AGAIN!!).  CHRISTY SAID BECAUSE MY SERVICE HAD BEEN TERMINATED, I NEEDED TO SPEAK WITH THE DOMAIN DEPT AND SO SHE TRANSFERRED ME TO A WOMAN NAMED, EVE.  EVE, TOO, WAS VERY SYMPATHETIC BUT SAID MY PROBLEM WAS WITH VERIZON AND SHE WORKED FOR A THIRD-PARTY VENDOR WHO SELLS THE CONTRACTS FOR KEEPING DOMAIN NAMES.  SHE SAID I COULD PAY $19.95 FOR MY EMAIL DOMAIN NAME AND REGAIN ACCESS TO MY EMAILS.  AT THIS POINT, I SAID "OK". SHE THEN TOLD ME I WOULD FIRST HAVE TO RE-ESTABLISH MY VERIZON ACCOUNT, IF ONLY FOR A DAY.  I TOLD HER, I HAD NOT TERMINATED MY ACCOUNT, SO......!!

ON NOVEMBER 27TH, I CONTINUED TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ON THE VERIZON WEBSITE WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS....NO LUCK, SO I THEN WENT TO THE TECH SUPPORT "CHAT" OPTION AND WAS CONNECTED WITH A MAN NAMED, {edited for privacy}.  I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS AND HE THEN ASKED FOR MY EMAIL ADRRESS(ES) AND WHICH ONE I WISHED TO KEEP ACTIVE.  I TOLD HIM MY PRIMARY EMAIL IS: {edited for privacy}, BUT THAT I ALSO NEEDED ACCESS TO MY SECONDARY EMAILS AS WELL.  HE SAID "OK, LET ME OPEN THE ACCOUNT. GIVE ME TWO MINUTES".  WHEN HE CAME BACK ON THE LINE HE TOLD ME "THE INTERNET SERVICE ON THIS ACCOUNT IS STOPPED, SO BILLING HAS AN AUTHORITY TO ACTIVATE THIS EMAIL AGAIN.. LET ME CONNECT YOU TO THEM NOW. THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VERIZON. HAVE A NICE DAY!!".

NEXT, I SPOKE WITH FELICIA IN THE BILLING DEPT. WHEN I QUICKLY OUTLINED MY PROBLEM, FELICIA ADVISED ME THAT "YOU ARE CHATTING WITH THE ECENTER.  I DO NOT SPECIALIZE WITH EMAIL ACCOUNTS.  ONCE YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DEACTIVATED YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE EMAILS UNLESS YOU SELECTED THE MY DOMAIN OPTION".  SHE THEN TOLD ME THAT FOR A SMALL YEARLY FEE OF $19.95 VERIZON OFFERS VERIZON YOUR DOMAIN SERVICE. I ASKED IF THIS SERVICE WOULD ALLOW ME  TO RETRIEVE MY EMAILS, TO WHICH SHE REPLIED "I DON'T KNOW.". SHE THEN ADDED THAT "UNFORTUNATELY, IF AN AUTHORIZED USER ON YOUR ACCOUNT MADE THIS REQUEST, THE CHANGE WAS VALID". I THEN REITERATED THAT I AM THE *ONLY* AUTHORIZED USER ON MY ACCOUNT. SHE CONCLUDED WITH "I REGRET I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOUTHROUGH LIVE CHAT. I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO EMAIL INFORMATION."  SHE THEN REFERRED ME TO VERIZON'S CONSUMER SALES AND SOLUTIONS CENTER.

WITH THAT, FELICIA TERMINATED OUR CHAT, LEAVING ME IN THE SAME PLACE I HAD BEEN TWO DAYS EARLIER.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?!!!  I DID NOT REQUEST THAT MY SERVICE BE TERMINATED AND I NEED MY EMAILS FOR SEVERAL PROJECTS ON WHICH I'M WORKING.  YOU'RE JEOPARDIZING MY LIVELIHOOD!!!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep
Hello elost,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. We're glad we could help get the email corrected for you. If you ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes