Looks like everyone here agrees Verizon Customer Service sucks - add me to the list...
jillybean720
Enthusiast - Level 1

A snapshot of my life while dealing with Verizon over the past few MONTHS:

• Back in MAY, I placed an order to upgrade from Verizon DSL Internet to a full Verizon FiOS Triple Play. My CSR was very friendly, but it took HOURS to set up the entire order (including the third party verification for the phone service). She kept finding new discounts to apply and whatnot, and when all was said and done, she told me my first year monthly service price would be only $49.99. Amazing, right? So we set up an instalation date.
  • JUNE 16 - hurray, installation day! Oh, wait...installation scheduled for between 8am and 12pm, but no one ever showed up. Called Verizon and was told MY ORDER HAD BEEN CANCELLED and NO ONE EVER TOLD ME. I spent the entire day home from work waiting for an installation that had previously been cancelled BY VERIZON without notifying me. Apparently, it had something to do with an issue when trying to port my home phone number from my current service provider to Verizon. Had to spend additional HOURS on the phone submitting a NEW order from scratch. And, of course, this time, the final monthly price he came up with (different CSR) was $69.99. I explained that this was ridiculous, that it was $20 less when the other person did it, that I took a whole day home rom work waiting for an installation they canceled without ever telling me...he said he would enter an additional $20/month for 12 months credit due to the frustration and inconvenience. Gee, thanks so much for being so generous as to give me the rate I was originally quoted...so we set up a new installation date.
  • Installation set up for June 28 between 8am and 12pm. I told them I could NOT be home in the morning, only afternoon. Regardless, email confirmation states 8am-12pm window. Called a few days prior to installation to again request afternoon, and CSR tells me it is in THEIR system for afternoon, so no problem. Day before installation, automated reminder call from Verizon says 8am-12pm. I call again, and CSR again tells me it's set up for afternoon in their system, so don't worry about it.
  • INSTALLATION DAY #2 - call at 8am from installation tech that he's on his way to our house. NO. Explain to him that I have requested multiple times for AFTERNOON install, NOT MORNING. Shocker, he has me on his schedule for morning. Polite tech says he will adjust his schedule to come in the afternoon instead. Tech arrives and installs everything, and everything works. The only issue is that they never came and burried the FiOS line to our house, so he has to put in a temporary above-ground line. Polite installation tech leaves his card and says if we ever need a tech support person to come to our house, call him directly instead of setting up through Verizon because he can be there faster.
  • 2 DAYS AFTER SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION - nothing works! Discover the temporary above-ground cable has been accidentally cut by groundskeeping lawnmowers. Called Verizon Tech Support, who says they can send someone out on Saturday or Sunday with a 4-hour window, and we will have to be home at the time (this is on a Thursday and 4th of July holiday weekend). I argue that it's a holiday weekend, and we do not have to be home because it's the cable outside. It runs ONLY outside. Tech Support insists we have to be home. Hang up on useless Tech Support and call Installation Tech who had left his card - he comes out the very next day (Friday) and replaces the line, and agrees we do NOT have to be home at the time. Thank goodness for ONE good Verizon employee out of the MANY I've encountered on this journey...
  • A few days later, the line still isn't buried, so I call Verizon. They cannot tell me when it is scheduled to be buried. Okay...then I can't guarantee it won't get cut again!
  • Then I get a new Verizon Wireless bill for my cell phone account. But I had signed up for OneBill to combine everything and get an additional discount. Call Verizon...oh, they couldn't do the OneBill because I had a discount on my Verizon Wireless account for something else, and I can't get 2 discounts. Umm, no one EVER said anything about that. I explain that I would rather have the OneBill discount because it's a greater amount. They tell me I have to call Verizon Wireless to cancel the other discount. Seriously? So I do just that. Then call Verizon back again to add OneBill to my account. They say not a problem. Done. Yeah, right! Also, while on the phone, asked Verizon FiOS to verify my monthly service price. $69.99. What hapened to the additional $20 CSR had previously promised me? Ask to speak to a manager. Supposed manager gets on the phone and is nothing but rude, tells me there's nothing she can do, and provides NO explanation to any of my questions. WOW. Thanks for being so helpful...so now I'm out another $240 for the first year thanks to lies from Verizon.
  • Get first Verizon FiOS bill of more than $240. WHAT?! Oh, no one ever told me that when I upgraded from DSL, my automatic payments from my DSL account would be cancelled, so now I'm behind on those payments. Also, there is NO additional $20 discount as promised by the CSR who entered entire new order #2, nor is there a OneBill discount.
  • Get another Verizon Wireless bill, now higher since I cancelled my original discount AND still have not been set up for OneBill. Tried to do OneBill online and get message that it "cannot be completed at this time" with no real reason as to why. Called Verizon this morning and sat on hold for 32 minutes before getting disconnected.

Keep up the great work, Verizon...and don't worry, I'll be sure to tell ALL my friends and family and coworkers...

36 Replies
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes
Poorservice13
Customer service is. Crap. You notice they don't have a corporate # to call and no way to submit a complaint on their site. It the run around game till you give up.. I get so tired of the issues I will call and be told they have no history then a couple of weeks of run around yo give up . I'm over their service wish I had another option.
0 Likes
bigmistake99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Best thing to do is RUN, as fast as you can, AWAY FROM VERIZON. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. I was scammed and illegally conned into a package. When I cancelled my account they offered "assistance" in cancelling rather than givng back the money the scammed me out of. Verizon used to be a good company but something happened. You would be better off using ANY OTHER company.

0 Likes
kingjkat

Guess what, Verizon customer services still sucks.  I'm locked out of my account.  The first thing they ask "what is your account number"............ how stupid is this.  I do everything online, why would i know my account number???  I tried the online chat to cs......... USELESS!!!!!  I go through their online info to get the correct cs contact number to call to get my account reset.  I wait 30 min to speak to a  rep that asks me for my account number.  If I knew that fool, you think I'd be calling   I offer my ss# but not even that can pull up my account info.??? What kind of  system do these **bleep** have.  She offers to transfer me to "financial services", OMG I'm about to lose it.  Isn't the number that you gave me on YOUR website the correct contact??  Freakin **bleep**.  I just hung up.  Waste of 30 minutes and I was at work.  If I could choose another service I would.  HATE VERIZON.  I used to work for them- hated them then and hate them now.  They are NOT about customer service they are all about the money, that's it.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

If you are paying directly from your bank account, the Verizon account number may actually be listed in your banking/account information.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We do apologize that we were not able to get a hold of you. We are closing the case and if you need further assistance, please come back.  Have a good night!

Thank you,

Bert

0 Likes
hyllarious

I just had a horrible experience with Verizon customer service.

Last month I called in to cancel part of my services and than a couple weeks later have the rest canceled.  The helpful and friendly service agent explained to me that that was a complicated request.  He said it would be easier to leave the services on and have then have them back dated to the 8th of the month.  I was like "Cool, Mr. Verizon dude, thats very helpful".  Well, guess what.  I got a bill the following month.  The bill was dated for services starting the 19th of the previous month and going to the 18th of the following month.  I suspected I did not need to pay this and was concerned.  I called in and the agent who first picked up said, "Oh, you are right, your services are still on and there is a note here that they should have been turned off".  She then put me on hold for about 10 minutes.  A new agent picked up and he had me explain my situation all over again.  He then proceeded to tell me that the services where canceled on the 31st of the month.  I was like, whattt?????  I thought it was getting back dated to the 8th.  He than said that I said at the beginning of that call that I wanted to keep part of the service to the end of the month.  I did not disagree.  As I explained, that was my original request but the agent said he was going to help me out and back date it to the 8th rather than me cancel in two different time frames.  I did not ask for that, but I accepted it and counted on it.  Now it is being thrown in my face by a customer service agent. That I said something different so that is how it is. I then stated "even so, this bill is for services that should not be on."  He said that will be reflected in the final bill.  I asked him do I need to pay this bill then and he said your final bill will have the final details.  Again I asked, do I need to pay this bill?  This went on in a continuous loop for the next 2 minutes.  That is a long time when you are on the phone with a {please keep your posts courteous}.  I asked to speak to a supervisor and he changed the topic back to saying "Thats not what you said at the begging of the call" .  At this point I was done talking  and hung up.

I left Verizon because I moved out of their coverage area, I am now stuck with a service I do not prefer.  However, after this experience, I will gladly keep my current sub par service over Verizon any day.  I would now like to start a slow clap for Verizon.

/Clap   /Clap   /Clap

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hyllarious,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
MCarlson1

Yep I agree.  I sat on hold today for over a half hour waiting until I got so fed up I hung up the phone.  I have had multiple issues with the programming guide and what is actually displayed not matching over the past few months.  I am paying roughly $200 per month for my horrible FIOS service that I may actually switch to Cox or Infinity.  I AM going to call back on monday to try to get someone on the phone to find out WHY i constantly have these issues.  When attempting to get tech support to fix the problems that Verizon themselves create you are put on hold for lengthy period of time and watch the clock tick by as a show you plan to watch ends.  HORRIBLE HORRIBLE service!!!  I am at my wits end with Verizon!

0 Likes
NotUseful
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ah, the joys of dealing with Verizon.  I was working for a small company called Contel that GTE (one of Verizon's predecessor companies) took over and destroyed while making their stock look better.  One of our VPs was assigned to determine which customer service system would be used after the merger, the GTE one or the Contel one.  In the Contel system, when you called customer service, the first person you reached would fix your problem.  Others might be called in, but you never lost the first representative.  Problems were almost always fixed immediately.  In the GTE system, the average caller was transferred twenty-seven times before reaching someone who could actually do anything for them!  Guess which system was adopted?

A year ago my mother, who was 95 years old at the time, was called by a Verizon sales rep who talked her into "upgrading" her fios service, which actually meant she would pay $49 more a month than she already did (she was paying $100 per month for phone/TV/internet).  Her mind was deteriorating, and she didn't really understand what was being said, but Verizon, good folks that they are, cheerfully ate up another $49 of her fixed monthly income that should have been used for groceries.  I tried to get the service rescinded, but no, there was a contract!  Can you believe that?  A phone call, and there is a contract?  In my day, if you did not have something in writing, you didn't have a contract.    I finally gave up and began supplementing her income with my own hard-earned dollars.

A year later...  My mom, now 96, has been moved to a dementia treatment center, where she will live out her remaining days.  In July I called Verizon to cancel her services.  I had just finished cancelling her power, gas, water, and sewer services, as well as moving everything out of her apartment and cancelling the lease.  Verizon put me on hold for over thirty minutes and I never did reach a service rep.  I called back a couple of more times and gave up.  I went on line, with my mom's account, and finally reached a service rep via Chat.  The service rep told me that she could change the service, add services, and cancel services, but could not cancel the entire service.  I would need to call the 888 number to do that. I told her that the service was officially cancelled, effective immediately, and she should find someone who could take that info and deal with it.  She disconnected.  I wrote a letter to their customer service department, letting them know the situation, and repeated my statement that the service was cancelled.

One month later I received a bill for the next month's service.  I tried calling again, got nowhere.  I refuse to sit around and wait for over thirty minutes for a poorly run, understaffed organization to decide to talk to me at their convenience.  By now, of course, all of their equipment was returned, the service was disconnected physically, and the apartment was up for rent.  Went to the Verizon web site, logged in as my mom, and found an address where I could send another letter.  I went to my mom's bank and discontinued the auto pay to Verizon.  I wrote to them, told them they would not be getting any more free rides out of a poor old lady whose remaining funds went to the dementia treatment facility to pay for her care.

I continue to receive bills (my mom's mail is forwarded to me) from these folks, and they now claim she owes over five hundred dollars for services she neither received nor could use, since she has been gone from her apartment for the past three plus months.  I tear them up and throw them in the garbage, where they belong.

Bottom line:  Be careful who you deal with.  This company is non-responsive and basically incompetent when it comes to supporting customer service problems.  Personally, I have cellular service from a reliable firm that has online reps who answer your calls immediately (and American reps at that!), and my TV/internet comes from a reliable cable company who has always be easy to reach and work with.

Just thought you would like to know, you are not alone with CSR problems.  After GTE was taken over by Bell Atlantic, their already poor customer service disappeared down the tubes.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

NotUseful,

We have tried multiple times to obtain your contact information so that we can assist you with the complications on the account. However as you have not replied we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to make a new post and we will assist you in every way that we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
MCarlson1

I hope that you try to contact me, I would love to explain the issues I am having with your subpar at best, service!  Otherwise see ya, I'm headed for another provider and WILL post all over facebook, twitter, etc. as well as email all 18k plus employees at work how horrible and expensive verizon has been.  I don't mind paying for good service however, since becoming a verizon customer three to four years ago, I have not felt that I got what I paid for!

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

I just read this thread all the way through from front to back, and frankly it was a waste of time.  None of the folks spending time complaining have used the channels available to contact support and resolve their issues.  If people are serious about getting things fixed, they must understand that they should follow the clearly defined routes available.

mud_man

I notice that my company discount is not on my January bill.  So I call Verizon.

They claim that they notified me that I needed to verify my account and that the easiest way was to use a company email address.  I explain to them that this is probably not going to work, because our company name is not in the domain name of the work email addresses.  I try anyway and it fails.  They try and it fails.  They say it will take a week to verify using a pay stub.

I then decide to go the local Verizon wireless store, with my bills showing the discount and a pay stub with pay infomation crossed out.  They eventually verify me and I ask for the January discount.  The manager says he can't do that.  I ask to see where they notified me.

Her comes the best part, he goes back and prints out a Version Wireless Quick Bill summary, which low and behold does have some cryptic message on the front page.

I brought two months of the bills I get from Verizon in the mail (I will never allow them to not send me a physical bill).  There is no notice on my bills.  Why? Because I signed up for one-bill.  So the bill summary I never see has some cryptic message about me having to verify my employment, but the bill I get in the mail does not.

On the way home I call Verizon on the phone to get to a live person.  They see the discount is verified.  I say, "Here is the bottom line, refund the January discount ($13.50) or lose me as a customer.  No discussion."  Within minutes they credit my account for $15.

So why couldn't the manager of the store just credit me the money?
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello NotUseful

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Wizard_of_Oz
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm right there with you!

0 Likes
peteandpete1

This one:

freespeech(dot)uservoice(dot)com

0 Likes
Baddpinoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bad Service, everything from customer sevice to technical and even your Engineers! im canceling all my major accounts@!

1. technician went through my backyard and drove his truck and ruined my backyard without permission.

2. one technician never followed through his work and never finished the job

3. one technician never finished a job to connect one of my houses to the box from the street after my house was built and that was a year ago.

4. everytime i call customer service im on hold up to a minimum of 1 hr at a time, and they never have the right answers for me.

I HOPE EVRYONE SEES THIS!!!

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Baddpinoy

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes