Mislead and upset
Amandaronquillo
Enthusiast - Level 2
After getting pulled in by one of your very forward employees at Wal-Mart, I have the guy a chance and thought "hey, this sounds like a great deal. $54.99 a gift card worth $400 AND a free tablet, sign me up!!" After making sure my home was covered, the guy ran thru the details with me and asked me to pick two channel package preferences, I wanted 4 of the ones he offered and signed me up for a larger package. After telling making sure the price was right, he told me what my monthly would be, and there was no installation or activation fee. Of course that was lie #1 (3 split payments for activation) then he told me about how long it would take to get my $400 gift card there was lie #2 (he said 6-8 weeks, it's been past that) then he told me I would be receiving an email for my free tablet, there was lie #3 ( I even called in and was told I didn't qualify for the gift card, because I had a discount on my monthly bill, I NEVER WAS TOLD ABOUT THIS!!!)

When I called in, the agent I spoke with was barely understandable. His English was terrible, he told me I was all ready emailed about the free tablet, and I was sent a letter. Lies, I can understand not receiving one due to human error, but not 2. I'm severely upset because I left time Warner cable for these guys. I asked the guy who took my order, if he was sure that everything I was being offered would come. And still, nothing. I've made on time payments (my bill is twice as high as I was told) and have been nothing but patient. If I had known that I had to choose between the discount and the gift card, I WOULD HAVE CHOSEN THE GIFT CARD!!! I'm very close to just going back to time Warner, and I've notified everyone on my block to think twice, as this is a mainly Fios area. I just want what I was promised. I have no problem with the services, they are actually great, even though my order was messed up, I didn't mind. The bait and switch stuff is really in bad taste. I have no problem being a long time customer, I just want you guys to hold up your end of the bargain. And now, after coming to the forums and seeing dozens of people with the same problem, going back years, I doubt that Verizon is a company of integrity. If my issue isn't resolved, I will be escalating this.
0 Likes
Re: Mislead and upset
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes