Moving to area without Verizon service and shutting off my service bill issues
bps2

So, I am moving on the 1st of August to an area with no Verizon service.  I called Verizon yesterday, the 21st of July and asked them to shut off my service on the 1st of August.  I repeatedly told the lady, who by the way spoke very poor english, that I needed it shut off the 1st of August.  She shut it off yesterady.  Everything...  TV, Phone, Internet...  It took, 5 phone calls, and over 100 minutes burned on my personal cell to get service turned back on yet they couldn't just turn back on my old account.  They had to run a credit check, they had to run this and that, and it still took multiple calls...  One person told me it'd be a few days, another told me it'd be 24 hrs, finally last night at 7 pm I got someone in tec support to push it through.  Not once was I allowed to talk to a manager and voice my complaints....

The worst part?  The first two Verizon associates I spoke with claimed Verizon would cover the cost of the new account for the next 10 days.  The last 3 I spoke with said I would be required to pay for it.  Not only that, but the bill is 240$ compared to my old bill which was 112.   To top it off my old bill isn't even pro-rated for the 20 days it was used and not the full 30.  They have sent me a bill for the entire amount...   

They also had to run a credit check after I had given them all my pertinent information... Who runs a credit check on an EXISTING customer who has no late bills and no delinquent payments??  Now my credit takes a hit from a "hard" credit check which I asked them not to run but apparently "Leo" had to run in order to reinstate service that had been cut off 30 minutes prior...

So tonight when I get off work I'll have to spend who knows how many hours battling with them to get this sorted out.

Verizon's customer service... it sucks.  And frankly after being treated like this there is no way I'd recommend or use them again in the future...  This coming from a 10 year customer of theirs....   I am done with Verizon after this mess.  Anyone who asks me about them in the future is going to get an earful about how they treat people, the lack of service, and the inability to talk to anyone who is accountable or who can make something happen.

0 Likes
Re: Moving to area without Verizon service and shutting off my service bill issues
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes