Name change on my account... Why do they need my SSN?
DMP111

I called to change the name on my account to my married name.  Easy enough, right?  After one hour and three attempts, I gave up.  The rep confirmed my date of birth.  Connected to a tech person who asked my date of birth, ssn, and cell phone number.  Already unsure about giving out my ssn, I had to repeat it several times. The tech person said that all my info was wrong, and that the rep would have to start over with a new order.  So, we did everything all over again.  Connected to the same tech, repeated all my info again several times, everything was wrong again!  So, we try a third time.  Connect with a different tech, repeated my info again including my ssn three times!  Again it was wrong.  By this time I just got frustrated and hung up.  Now my concern is that my ssn is out there, or it's attached to somebody else's account.  Should I be worried???

0 Likes
Re: Name change on my account... Why do they need my SSN?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DMP11,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes