Need help with third party payment information
jimmo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I moved recently, don't have a car, and there are no utilities payment centers near my home as there were near my previous home. How may a third party (in my case, a friend) pay my Verizon bill (on my behalf) online, without my having to divulge to him my private Verizon ID and password?

I don't have a credit card, and would like to have the option of my friend paying with his credit card (for which I may reimburse him later), without one of us having to go over the other's home so I may sign into my Verizon account.

I hope I have explained this clearly enough.

Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Need help with third party payment information
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@jimmo wrote:
... there are no utilities payment centers near my home .... How may a third party ... pay my Verizon bill (on my behalf) online, without my having to divulge to him my private Verizon ID and password?

This cannot be done since the third party cannot log on to the MyVerizon payment pages withou a legitimate user ID and password.  So, no, you are out off luck with this one.

@jimmo wrote:

... would like to have the option of my friend paying with his credit card ...  I

If this is the only method available, then why can't you simply use your friend's card on MyVerizon?

As far as I'm aware, so long as you enter the correct card name and number, expiration date, and the other verification requirements, Verizon really doesn't care who pays the bill, as long as it gets paid.  There are many cases where a relative or friend provides payments for services to another individual.

Finally, is there any reason you just don't pay the bill by mail?  Sometimes the old fashioned methods are the best choice.

0 Likes