No gift card and several hours soul-crushing transfers and hold time
WillD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't call my experience with Verizon FIOS incredibly bad, but perhaps very bad or dismal. 

I had FIOS at my old house  When went to cancel because I was moving, I was told not to cancel and to put the account on some type of temporary hold so it could be reactivated at my new place.  The advantages of this as it was proposed to me was that I'd avoid any installation charges and get a $300 gift card from Amazon.  

I move to my new place, call in, speak to a number of either very ill-informed or disinterested agents who make Comcast look like the Ritz Carlton, one of whom transfered me to and gave my personal information to some sort of telephone phishing scam called the "National Rewards Center" who's now calling me from India non-stop. 

I finally reach a person who is puzzled that anyone would have told me what the first person told me and  that there was no installation fee and I need to send back my equipment from the old account.  I was also told I'd be getting my gift card after I activated. 

Now, a few weeks later, I'm told I'm ineligable for the gift card because my charges were lowered from some arbitrary high number to a reasonable number that was proposed to me by the agent, and the agents who told me this were wrong. 

When you shop this service against Comcast don't count on the $300 and don't believe anything anyone there tells you.  If someone tries to transfer you to claim your reward, write down their name (his was "Marcus") and then throw the paper in the trash can because no one at verizon will know what to do with it.   

0 Likes
Re: No gift card and several hours soul-crushing transfers and hold time
WillD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the text from a chat.  The manager's response is typical of this organization's attitude:

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
WillD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would you edit the chat for privacy.  Nobody's name was stated?  this company advertises $89.99 per month and a gift card in clear language on its home page, but then refuses to provide the gift card or let you out of your contract. 

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello WillD,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the account and gift card or ever need help with anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
WillD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jeremy, Several people promised me calls back, but I never received any such call.  I don't know what's meant by "did we solve your problem, but I guess the answer is no.

0 Likes
AlexGator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good Luck. My mother-in-law was supposed to get referral credit for my sign up 2 years ago and she never did. They simply refused by saying they can't find records that she referred me to Verizon.

As for their private support cases they opened one for me, I didn't get notification and they closed it. I think they assume that I will be sitting on their message board waiting for response.

One recommendation for you, don't sign up for Auto Pay. They take money that they can't return. Search for Final Billing or Refunds and you will see whole bunch of complains. I cancelled my service 15 weeks ago, and they still owe me almost full month of service pay (~$102). I called multiple times, everytime I call I get transferred at least 3 times and I have to give my info/story to each rep. After that they give me promises that eventually don't get realised.

Now, I am thinking about switching my in laws (who recommended me Verizon FIOS) to other ISP.

0 Likes
BlueJen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted about this  a few days ago, but it's similar enough to reply on here. We hooked up with Fios and was promised either a $300 Amazon Card or a $300 Verizon care. Way too long of a story, but I pent over 7 hours over 2 days to try and get the Amazon card activated. Finally, rep number 452 said he had a couple days off but would definitely call me yesterday (Tuesday) morning. 

Well, of course that didn't happen. I called back in and talked to someone who said they would send me a new Visa card. At this point I didn't care if it was the Amazon, the Visa or maybe $300 off my account. Will see what happens when this next card arrives. At this point it become the principle of the thing. What a horribly executed marketing promotion!!

Good luck to the OP, sure hope you get your case resolved! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

0 Likes
FiosUser3616
Hi BlueJen and others. In my experience promotions like these are often dropped by the third party that has to handle the mailing. If you haven't already, try specifically calling customer retention and have them credit your account or re-send the card. I hope you get your money soon and have a happy Thanksgiving.
0 Likes