One Verizon ID
smallfamily71

We were trying to change the account owner name for our Verizon Mobile and Fios accounts. When talking to the Fios customer service on March 1st, they created a new Fios account and transferred the service to the new account instead. They did not unlink the one Verizon ID so the mobile account is connected to the old Fios account instead. By disconnecting the Fios account, they claim they cannot unlink/ disable One Verizon ID and I get transferred to mobile. Mobile then says they can't do it because it is a Fios thing. When talking to a mobile customer service person early on, they easily changed the name for the mobile and old Fios account (which would've solved everything if they just did that the first time). But we still have the issue of a mobile account linked to a dead Fios account and a live Fios account on it's own, as we lose any discounts and benefits of the linked accounts.

For the past month and a half, we have been trying to fix an issue that a Verizon employee caused and we speak to no less than 5 people over the course of 3 hours on average when we call to get it fixed. Talking two days ago, the agent said that 8 tickets have been put in for our account over the course of the month. Then the person transferred us to a century link call center? 

So the question for the community, has anyone been able to disable a One Verizon ID? What is the secret word we need to say on the phone? I saw an old post that it took someone 6 months, but they did not say how it got fixed. I feel like Verizon is scamming me by refusing to disable the original shared accounts so we can link them correctly, resulting in us having a higher bill. Help please!

0 Likes
Re: One Verizon ID
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi smallfamily71,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes