Online account access features completely broken, accounts in limbo
dscheiber1

Hello, I am hoping I can reach out via this forum before any of this becomes a larger problem. I see several posts about a 'last bill' being reported to credit agencies and I definitely do not want that to happen to me. I just want to pay my bill for the services I use and... that's it.

This story is a little complex so I will try to break it into pieces.

1.In the middle of September I moved and the transition was not smooth at all. The representative I originally talked to DISCONNECTED my account without telling me (10 minutes after I got off the phone and 3 days before moving) and had apparently set me up with a new account entirely.

2. Considering I needed access to the internet before I moved, I had to call up several people, explaining my situation to each person, only to be transferred over and over again. Fortunately, a rep set me up with an entirely new order with a pro-rated fee so I could take care of the business I needed to. I believe she made notes to my account explaining the previous dilemmas.

3. I have no online details for my new account. As far as I know, I do not have a login for my new account to use its online features. I believe this also means I do not have my email address linked with the account, meaning I will not get any billing notifications. When I call up Verizon and use my phone number as a credential, it only addresses my previous address, which has been disconnected.

4. I cannot access billing details on the account of my previous address. I want to see my latest bills because the brief report on the "Pay My Bill" screen do not reflect the status of my account. To see the details, I need to "Get Full Access" and request a Temporary Identification Code. This feature does not work. I have tried on my computer in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Clicking the "Request code" button just hangs and I do not get a choice to email/text/mail a code. No codes are emailed or texted to me. Nothing happens.

0 Likes
Re: Online account access features completely broken, accounts in limbo
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dscheiber,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes