PayOff Phone with Gift Cards & Credit Card @ Verizon Store
RZ31
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to pay off verizon device with few gift cards and remaining with my credit card. Seems like this is not possible online but can be done at a store only but i am getting conflicting answers from verizon support folks (chat/call) that some saying it can be done and some saying only one form of payment is accepted for pay off. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PayOff Phone with Gift Cards & Credit Card @ Verizon Store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RZ31, I do apologize for any confusion regarding that Buy Out. I have taken some time to research our tools and specifically confirm the answer. Per the Device Payment details, a pay-off may not be split between multiple payment methods. This means, that you would not be able to use more than one payment option when completing that buy out. I hope this helps to clarify. -Loren

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RZ31, I do apologize for any confusion regarding that Buy Out. I have taken some time to research our tools and specifically confirm the answer. Per the Device Payment details, a pay-off may not be split between multiple payment methods. This means, that you would not be able to use more than one payment option when completing that buy out. I hope this helps to clarify. -Loren

RZ31
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for ur time and response.

is there any reason for that? I am struck with gift cards hopes to pay off the device. 
Seems like I can use multiple payment methods for new device and not to pay off…seems weird.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome, it was our pleasure clearing things up.

No specific reason as why the Buy-Out option cannot be split, simply a system limitation.

Remember, that you can use the Gift Cards to pay your bill as well.~Gilbert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to take this moment to promote our My Verizon application: m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp. It is the quick, easy and convenient way to monitor and manage your account. Anything, from device updates to plan / feature changes to usage / invoice / payment details, is available in the palm of your hand.

Thanks for being the best part of Verizon. ~Gilbert

0 Likes