Re: Premium Installation - beware of hidden cost
rb2006

Today I joined the club of the Installation hidden fee. The tech come out, was very helpful, curteous and did a great job. I was aware that if I signed up online I would have the install fee waived. The people who lived in my house prior to my move in had already setup the house for FIOS. The tech claimed that the COAX cables weren't working. He then told me he needed to setup a new wire and asked if it was okay to drill a hole in my wall. I said sure, assuming he was asking me for permission to drill a hole and not once did he mention that the hole and wire was going to cost me $63.99 each. Once again, I was still under the mindset that his presence and work was under the "Free Installation" I had signed up for. 

None the less he finished the job, supposedly both coax cable didn't work in the two rooms. He leaves, doesn't mention any additional charges from his work, and a week later I have a bill from Verizon with an additional 130 bucks that I wasn't expecting at all.

I found this thread after the situation and read that I wasn't the only one. I contacted a chat rep as suggested by one of the admins here. All I got from the rep was a poor explanation of how the charges were "Valid" and they couldn't do anything about it. They basically implied that I could be lying since they weren't "with the tech at time of installation" and can't prove my statements to be true. I found that a bit condescending. All in all, I am still looking for a resolution to this, fortunately I didn't sign a two year contract and still have the option to opt out after this experience.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello rb2006

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
t76mach

same thing for me, I was told if I renewed my contract and upgraded to their new service, I would be waived the install fee, today I checked my bill and its "Outlet Installation 4 @ 64.99 Payment 1 of 3" really? had they discussed this with me prior I would have never renewed my contract and ordered the new service, good thing I have 30 days to cancel it all together.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello t76mach

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
kayloo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well today I found out this scam of an installation fee.  Seriously Verizon, I sign a two year contract to pay you over a hundred dollars a month and you are going to stick me for an exorbinant installation fee?  I could have gotten many other cheaper services with free installation and I am sure to let all my contacts know about this ripoff.  So much for deciding to upgrade with you guys, instead of being treated respectfully you just find every way to screw the customer.   I feel like I have been punished for upgrading.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kayloo,

Have you contacted Verizon support to inquire about the installation fee?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes