Rate increase
Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received an email stating my bill will be going up $4.00 per line beginning in April.  My thoughts are Verizon is already the most expensive phone plan out there, new customers are being offered $25.00 per line and as a loyal cell and Fios customer I am getting nothing.  I have 4 lines and two currently have phones that I am paying for.  I will be moving the two I can to another provider and as soon as the other two phones are paid off, I will be leaving.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have received notices from Verizon regarding a price increase of $4.00 per line for Mix and Match unlimited plans. This change went into effect on 3/1/24. Here is a list of impacted plans with their respective FAQ’s: 

Changing a plan is not required, and you can choose to remain on your plan while enjoying all the same features and benefits you currently enjoy. Along with your current benefits, Verizon is also providing you an additional benefit of 5 GB of Premium mobile hotspot data on top of your current hotspot allowance.

We have a variety of ways you can save and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your current plan as well. 

• Take advantage of Auto Pay and paper-free billing and save $10 a month/line.
  • Check My Offers for targeted ways to save even more.
  • Don’t forget to refer a friend to Verizon and get $15/month in bill credit per sign up for a year. Refer up to 10 friends to save $1,800/year
  • Open a Verizon Visa Card, and you could earn up to 4% back in Verizon Dollars on your purchases. Use the Verizon Dollars earned toward your Verizon bill each month. This card is also eligible for the automatic payment discount mentioned above

If you choose to change your plan, or are interested in looking at what great alternatives we have available, please check our current plans here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

242 Replies
1390US
Enthusiast - Level 1

You still on the old plans?

I noticed at the bottom of the email it only applies to 4 of my 5 lines. One line is on the new welcome unlimited, the rest are still on the old get more plan. It seems like they are trying to force old plan users to switch to the new ones. 

Hairyette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be careful of switching to a new plan: Those prices are usually temporary (no matter what they say) and then the higher prices will kick in! Then you can't revert back to your old plan.

shannonmadden
Enthusiast - Level 2

Let me guess, the new plan is more expensive or provides less of something.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Happy Tuesday! Thanks for the honest feedback. Keep in mind that with the new myPlan, you get exactly what you want and only pay for what you need.

Feel free to check out more through our official site: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/.

~Gilbert

gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Gilbert, Checked out the new plans and no thank you for increasing my monthly cost by $50+ per month. I will gladly take the $4 per line, $8 for me over any of the other new plans available. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@gemfire  wrote: Hi Gilbert, Checked out the new plans and no thank you for increasing my monthly cost by $50+ per month. I will gladly take the $4 per line, $8 for me over any of the other new plans available. 

No worries! You're definitely able to keep your plan if that's offering you the best value! I hope you have a great rest of your week!

~Jesse

0 Likes
MARVO32168
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too received an email advising on March 1, 2024 my two lines will increase by $8.00 per month. Being a customer for over 20 years shows its all about profit. There is no loyality anymore. So I will look into switching to Spectrum Mobile where they only charge $29.99 monthly for two lines. Remember it all the same towers and  equipment!!!!

Looks like Verizon has done it to them selves!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Before anything, thanks for your 20 years of loyalty to the company, Verizon truly values your business.

Starting March 1, Verizon customers on select older Unlimited mobile plans will see a monthly plan increase of $4 per line, effective their next billing cycle.

Pricing for our newer myPlan platform will remain the same. Customers on older plans can easily move to myPlan and take advantage of the network option that works best for them, plus exclusive savings on the entertainment, shopping and experiences that matter to them, including Disney+, AppleOne, Netflix, Max, Walmart and many others.

For more details, check out our myPlan link: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/.

We sent you a Private Message, please review at your earliest convenience.

~Gilbert

kochin
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support 

Can I keep one line on the old 5G Play More and continue to receive Disney Bundle while moving the other lines to the new Unlimited Plus?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

krochin Great question. You are able to keep your Mix and match plan and change other lines to the new MyPlans. ~Peter

0 Likes
TC50
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am as well debating moving to another provider. I just added another phone to my plan, tablet and apple watch for my girlfriend and they never mentioned a plan increase then. Verizon is already the most expensive carrier on the market, so to increase that again is ridiculous. It’s simple nickel and diming, and I’ve been a member for almost 5 years. Maybe if they dug into their CEO’s  pockets they could find that extra $4 a line they’re charging us? 

gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

We had a rate increase last year for hubby's flip (dumb) phone. Now get the notice of another increase per line of $4.00. At this point feel I should be getting refund for my plan. Months ago I had to up my plan to be assured of 5G, so paying extra. For the last month only getting 4GLTE and a couple of times had issues.  I did check into their new plan of $25 per line, sounded good till I kept asking does it cover this from plan I am on and after much discussion the final price was going to be higher than what I am paying now. 

Hairyette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was forced to get a new phone when I signed with Verizon 3 years ago, because (they said) I needed a phone for 5g. They ended up charging me for my "free" phone, and after contacting the BBB, it was resolved within a week. However, the phone I was forced to get doesn't even get 5g, and now I have to pay for 5g, just like you. This is ridiculous! Time to go elsewhere, I say. Life is exhausting enough, without having to deal with our phone company every few months! Good luck to you. Hope we both can find a solution. Let me know if you find something that fixes the situation. 

stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is the exact thing they are trying to get me to do. I can not even get 5 G or 5G wideband where I live. I barely get 4G LTE now that they apparently turned the signal away from my community area. Or so I was told. But I did get 4G LTE great until about 3 months ago. Then, the phones I have began dropping calls outside my home and within miles around. But call about it and they told me I needed a 5 G phone! That people in my area that had 5 G phones were getting priority! Really? I am not stupid! And on my account it states I can get 5G or could have gotten 5 G network 55 % of the time last billing period! LOL, I don't know how? The closet is a City 30 miles away! And I didn't go anywhere near there or actually much past 10 miles from my home as I have a parent that is ill. Wow Verizon!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! We are truly sad to read you are encountering signal issues, especially for the past three months. Verizon is here to help.

What recent changes have you made? Who else is experiencing this problem (other accoun users, neighbors, friends, family, etc.)? Please tell us more, what exactly happens when you attempt to use your service?

~Gilbert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, gemfire. Help is here as we want to ensure you have the right plan to suit your usage and budget needs. Please tell me more. What is your current zip code? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
M2060
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another plan adjustment.  This is so wrong.  I had a plan adjustment of $3/line in September and 4 months later, Verizon adds another $4/line adjustment.  It's just more money for Verizon.  There has been no change in the service and the plan on all of my phones  are the same as the My Plan offers.  What's the benefit to changing?  I don't need any of the additional perks listed.   What about current discounts like 55+ loyalty and autopay/paperless billing.  Do those remain?  What about phones that were purchased with a 36 months credit?  Do those have to be paid off to switch?  Seems that Verizon is punishing longterm customer on older plans instead of treat us with respect for loyalty.   Verizon is more interested in getting new customer with $25/line that probably has a time limit.  They've become just like cable companies like Spectrum that charge more but provide less.  Maybe it's time to look into other options.

Beder3508
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here! And I just got an iPad too...likely will be taking the iPad back and paying the restocking fee, once we get our phones paid off then we will be leaving. They shouldn't be able to increase someone's bill while they are still paying off their phones. They know a lot of people can't just pay off a $400+ on their phones so they know they have them trapped until the phones are paid off. And I HATE the dynamic of "new customers get everything for only $25/line".

Bram08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think this needs to be addressed! My phone is locked into a contract for 36 months.

Changing the service price mid-contract, forcing users to pay more seems questionable and very tacky.  If I could move my phone to a new plan and retain my trade-in, I’d look at that. But I was told a few months ago by Verizon, that isn’t an option. 

Red6501

I agree, Verizon is very expensive to start with and there isn’t any incentives for the long time customers. They just keep increasing their prices. Also, I am also having slow connections now that I never had before. FIOS prices is also increasing. Guess it’s time to move. 

Randy

0 Likes
shannonmadden
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree 100%. We going to cancel and just keep sending cease and desists when collectors send notices. It won’t get reported on your credit that way. They can keep sending to new collectors, but all you have to do is keep sending cease and desist and it shuts them down until they send to the next one. It’s a bit of pain to keep a watch for next up, but worth it to fight back against their SHADY ways! Just save your cease and desist, change the collector’s contact info and email.