Rate increase
Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received an email stating my bill will be going up $4.00 per line beginning in April.  My thoughts are Verizon is already the most expensive phone plan out there, new customers are being offered $25.00 per line and as a loyal cell and Fios customer I am getting nothing.  I have 4 lines and two currently have phones that I am paying for.  I will be moving the two I can to another provider and as soon as the other two phones are paid off, I will be leaving.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have received notices from Verizon regarding a price increase of $4.00 per line for Mix and Match unlimited plans. This change went into effect on 3/1/24. Here is a list of impacted plans with their respective FAQ’s: 

Changing a plan is not required, and you can choose to remain on your plan while enjoying all the same features and benefits you currently enjoy. Along with your current benefits, Verizon is also providing you an additional benefit of 5 GB of Premium mobile hotspot data on top of your current hotspot allowance.

We have a variety of ways you can save and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your current plan as well. 

• Take advantage of Auto Pay and paper-free billing and save $10 a month/line.
  • Check My Offers for targeted ways to save even more.
  • Don’t forget to refer a friend to Verizon and get $15/month in bill credit per sign up for a year. Refer up to 10 friends to save $1,800/year
  • Open a Verizon Visa Card, and you could earn up to 4% back in Verizon Dollars on your purchases. Use the Verizon Dollars earned toward your Verizon bill each month. This card is also eligible for the automatic payment discount mentioned above

If you choose to change your plan, or are interested in looking at what great alternatives we have available, please check our current plans here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

242 Replies
Koala32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m right there with you. Pay more for the same service. Verizon is offering new customers deals so the rice they lock them into 36 months they have no choice. It’s costly for existing customers to leave mid-contract and Verizon know that. It’s a shame that Verizon is so money hungry. Going to look into paying off my devices as soon as possible and switch to another carrier. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out via Private Message. Please reply to this post, so we can further assist with your plan/billing concern.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It breaks our heart to see you fee this way. We take pride in providing top quality service. Our goal is to offer the support you need.

We sent you a Private Message, please review at your earliest convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
leolei168
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got the same problem, will pay off all the phones and move to different one.

Babo2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry that you are going through the same.  Unpleasant business practice.   

MoreThanFedUp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got notification that mine are going up $4 per line.   I have 5 lines and an iPad currently on my plan.    I, like others, am sick and tired of “new lines” that are being started up for cheaper rates than I am paying after being a loyal customer for 20+ years.   Businesses such as Progressive, etc. give their customers discounts at different teared levels for being loyal customers… maybe you should take some notes and lessons Verizon.   And responding with, “Give us a call and we can review your plan and help you get the best rates possible.”   Really ?   Give us a call… give us a break!!!!   It comes down to pure greed !   Verizon, you should be ashamed of yourselves !

ToastGuard
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is bothering me most in these threads (there are a number regarding the legality of raising rates while under contract) is the Verizon response of, "be on the lookout for the private message we sent you." That means the rest of us are left wondering if they actually worked something out or just took it private to tell them they won't be doing anything. That Verizon can do whatever they want while we are stuck in a contract. I scoured the terms and conditions while upgrading my phone and didn't find anything that gave them the right to raise rates while we are told that paying a phone off early just means we'll lose the trade in benefit. Unfortunately I am not a lawyer so I'm sure there is legalese in there somewhere saying they can do whatever they want. It just seems unethical and is definitely forcing me away from Verizon once my contract is up. 

gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi ToastGuard, No customer service has messaged me on "contract", only let's go over your account for discounts or more information why I am not getting 5G. Yes private messages on the account/5G and what they want to do to help and there were several different CS in those private messages that asked the same questions. I finally blew up and asked if any of them read the previous replies and stopped answering their private messages. Time spent on here has been a waste of time to get answers. 

I did have one call made a couple weeks ago (also a call last year) about plans. Of course, they wanted to save me money all I have to do is change my plan to one of their new ones which will cost me an additional $40+ a month. Told them the $4 each line I am still paying $40+ less than their new plan. The last call said I was eligible for a discount for the next 12 months being a customer of theirs. At that time they couldn't get it on my bill so that little bit of a discount may or may not be taken off. 

I came to the forum to see how many were having issues with their 5G and what results they were getting for help. Was amazed at how many, what was being done to resolve and how nothing was helping. Our 5G that we had to pay extra for a year ago has been 4LTE for several months and lately been dropping calls. Their $4 per line is the final blow of wanting to work with them.  

stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

My initial reason for getting on the forum was to see if others were having the dropped calls and /or live in an area that is not even close to getting 5G anytime soon.  So if you do not work and  not in an area that has 5G, I am paying for not even 4GLTE,  as my rural home area has stopped getting  it for longer than I even realized. I have not had any problems inside or outside my home (even though I do connect to WiFi) but outside I get maybe 2-3 bars and not 4GLTE  unless I walk so far in certain directions.  Plus, now adding $4 more dollars to two phones lines that we don't get and do not use hotspot enough to account for the big "plus we are giving you more HotSpot".  

The Customer Service Private message! I did answer when I had half a day! As I had already had an issue with Digital Secure the  week before. Took half a day and I am the one that ended up with the answer, my phone is not compatible with the new Digital Secure App! As of Oct.  2023. I had been paying $5.99 a month for an app that didn't work. 

Customer Service Rep. chatted, so I have a copy of conversation.  After going over and over the issue's and different issue's that were my fault of where I lived issue. About two hours, maybe. She stated to do certain thing, not use Wifi so on,  so they could see what was going on and she was call me on Monday. That was February 17th. And I waited for a called on Monday (really LOL) February 26th! Crickets!!! I am still waiting! 

I have been a loyal customer for to long to remember! Not that I haven't had issue's through the years. But I remember getting my issue's solved. And the Service Representatives seemed to at least pretend to care and where near my area or at least  within a  few  States . Now, they want to chat on chat! You can't get a representative that wants to help you without a sales pitch!   

I just feel stuck! I do not have a contract! But I  have heard from others that the same happens at others companies!  Most Company Hope! Leave for a year and go back! Maybe that is what I'll do!

Good Luck! 

Babo2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is the price increase starting April or March? I got a notice that it is March.  
For those who got tricked into for the device trade in promotions, I’ve learned that Verizon practices a tactic of revoking these promotions by raising service charges.  This appears to be a questionable and shady biz practice.  I still have 20 months remaining to pay off on all 4 devices and feel trapped, including the one I traded in was the latest iPhone 13.  The deal is particularly rip off for those who traded in newer phones.  

I just got off 2 hour of communications with customer service who ended up suggesting another plan that actually will cost me more in order to keep these device promotions.  I will wholeheartedly dissuade anyone considering Verizon.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Babo2022. Help is here as we don't want you to feel this way. I know that saving money is a must and help is here. We can check on any potential discounts for you. Are you or were you in the military? Are you a first responder? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Babo2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

No I am neither a first responder or in the military service.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries! We also offer an Auto-Pay discount when you sign up for Paperless Billing. You can find more details on how to apply here: http://spr.ly/6606VgMky

~Freddy

JayB7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m in Queens New York the service was always top tier fast internet, great connectivity in and out of buildings and basement and the past Several months it has become one of the worst internet slow, cell call drops not connectivity, on all our phone lines, changed SIM cards , reset phones , airplane mode, 300 yards away from towers all around and the service still pathetic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, JayB7, we know it's important to have reliable service when you need it. You mentioned an issue with slow Internet. Are you running into an issue with slow home Internet speeds or is this happening on your cell phone? Are you experiencing an issue with cell service in a particular location/area? You mentioned connectivity issues with calls. Can you tell us more about what's happening?

-Lauren

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I do not have slow Home Internet! I have very fast, efficient fiber optic Internet Service. WCFIBER came to my are about two year-three year's ago.  Love it! I had Spectrum/Charter before then and it worked fine but was expensive. But internet Service is great!

0 Likes
Babo2022
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am here for the same reason—I am stuck for another year paying off the devices which was a big mistake to start with. Had I known Verizon keeps pushing for price hike in less than 2 years, I wouldn’t have chosen Verizon.  They only seem prioritize on new customer acquisitions and disservice to the existing customers.  

Pwfroggy76
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too received an email about a rate increase of $4.00 per line. I've been with Verizon since May of 2002 and am looking elsewhere.

New customers are being offered services at $25 per line guaranteed for 3 years. I pay about DOUBLE that per line.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Pwfroggy76. Help is here as we don't want to see you leave us. We can always check your account to see if there are any ways to save. May I ask, are you a part of the military or a first responder? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
JayB7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another increase Fios goes up, Wireless going up.

17 plus years with Verizon, crazy taxes , increase, and the company that was reliable isn’t anymore has been getting worse in service all around.

They forgot to be loyal to customers  the way there customers were loyal to them.

Looking around for other services.

gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have talked, chatted and got private messages with customer service. I don't need customer service to get in touch with me anymore. I am here to give my opinion on the rate increase situation. I realize my plan is no longer available as well as several other plans. I feel those who are still under "contract" should not be hit with this $4 charge per line. This contract is an agreement between Verizon and us and they are defaulting on their part. The new available plans which are much higher in cost should cover Verizon's Disney+, Hulu and Espn price hike.  Anyone that has fulfilled their contract obligation, I would say find another provider. At this time if Verizon does charge me the $4 per line ($8 for me) this is still cheaper than their new plans. Once my contract is fulfilled (27 months) I will look for another provider. Only thing that will make me do it sooner is if they continue to give me less coverage. I had to up my plan last year to guarantee priority to 5G and for the last month it has been 4lte lucky to have 2 bars. With so many customer service reaching out to those commenting on here, reach out to your higher ups and say there is an issue needing to be resolved or Verizon will be losing more customers.