Rate increase
Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received an email stating my bill will be going up $4.00 per line beginning in April.  My thoughts are Verizon is already the most expensive phone plan out there, new customers are being offered $25.00 per line and as a loyal cell and Fios customer I am getting nothing.  I have 4 lines and two currently have phones that I am paying for.  I will be moving the two I can to another provider and as soon as the other two phones are paid off, I will be leaving.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have received notices from Verizon regarding a price increase of $4.00 per line for Mix and Match unlimited plans. This change went into effect on 3/1/24. Here is a list of impacted plans with their respective FAQ’s: 

Changing a plan is not required, and you can choose to remain on your plan while enjoying all the same features and benefits you currently enjoy. Along with your current benefits, Verizon is also providing you an additional benefit of 5 GB of Premium mobile hotspot data on top of your current hotspot allowance.

We have a variety of ways you can save and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your current plan as well. 

• Take advantage of Auto Pay and paper-free billing and save $10 a month/line.
  • Check My Offers for targeted ways to save even more.
  • Don’t forget to refer a friend to Verizon and get $15/month in bill credit per sign up for a year. Refer up to 10 friends to save $1,800/year
  • Open a Verizon Visa Card, and you could earn up to 4% back in Verizon Dollars on your purchases. Use the Verizon Dollars earned toward your Verizon bill each month. This card is also eligible for the automatic payment discount mentioned above

If you choose to change your plan, or are interested in looking at what great alternatives we have available, please check our current plans here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

242 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your feedback gemfire. We would be glad to review your account further as well as take a closer look at your coverage concerns. Please let us know if we can further assist.

-Andi

0 Likes
Acme95
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems awfully convenient this happened after the class action lawsuit emails went out.

r_micha
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon makes me feel like a fool.  I just bought an iPad to add to my 2-year's "old plan" and received no mention from Verizon that I would be facing a huge service price increase in a month or two.  This new increase comes now despite having a "contract" I thought I could plan on.  Now I'm stuck with a new iPad and 2 phone payments until I can switch to another service.   I moved from AT&T to Verizon because pricing and service from Verizon seemed better.  Now Verizon appears worse than AT&T, in my opinion.  Making loyal long-term customers pay Verizon's penalties from the lawsuit that gouged those same loyal long-term customers does not seem like a good way to keep customers loyal.  I plan to move on as soon as possible.

shannonmadden
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our family is done with Verizon! Already paying too much for 5 phones and watches. We will be switching soon. Very disappointed!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your loyalty, and we want to make sure that you have the best service at the best possible price, and we are here to help. We sent a Private Message to further assist you. ~Geo

0 Likes
BJSRBJ89
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don’t know I have ever got loyalty discount I’ve been with this company over 20 years I’m afraid to get on the website for fear of hitting wrong key and costing me more

rtvman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Along with others I am upset about the $4 increase per line.  We barely get service in our home (moved here from another location) which is puzzling since housing has exploded around us and there are so many new neighborhoods and more and more people.  If I drive 2 miles north I get 4 bars of service.  Maybe with all this extra money Verizon will be getting from this increase in fees, they can build a couple of new towers to service the ever-growing southside of the city where I live.  (Metro area population is 224,000)

mp3333
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly! We live in a very populated city in South FL and have absolute GARBAGE for cell service; yet they increased each of our lines by $4!! Absolutely cannot wait to leave Verizon after we are no longer in their contract

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, mp3333. Help is here as you deserve only the best in service from us. Please tell me more. What is your zip code? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been with Verizon Wireless for 20 year's. Completely a loyal customer with two senior service lines, auto pay, paper billing and two 4GLTE paid for phone's.  (Not free junk phones, either) I  did get at least 3-4 bars where I live in a Rural area! I now get 1 some of the time. I was told people that has 5G phones had better antennas and able to get service over our 4GLTE phones.  Really? It's not like the area I live in is going to get 5G all of a sudden! So I'm paying for two senior unlimited phone line's of service without coverage! Dropping calls on both phones,  Samsung Galaxy Note and an iPhone Plus! Verizon Wireless is failing Loyal Customers and Not Providing the services we pay them for!

Done!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@stonekelrn  wrote: I  did get at least 3-4 bars where I live in a Rural area! I now get 1 some of the time.

I thank you stonekelrn for being with us for over 20 years. It's greatly appericated and why we want to ensure you're getting help when needed. I'm sorry you've been having some signal issues lately. We can definitely troubleshoot with you to see what's going on and what the best solutions are. You mentioned having signal issues with dropped calls, where is this happening? Any other details you can share about when it happens? That information gives us a place to start. 

-John

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

John, 

Signal issues began over a month ago. I related to an issue I was having with Digital Secure.  We have had multiple calls dropped inside and outside near our home. Two days ago, my Mom called me and thought the call went through but on my end did not ring. I checked her phone and the first call was 14 seconds and seconds was 4 seconds. No voicemail or it didn't go to my voicemail. Yesterday while I was speaking with the Verizon Wireless Representative, the call dropped. A text message was sent confirming call was disconnected and he would call back. Never heard back. We discussed the connectivity issue even though that is not the reason I had called. I called due to Digital Secure not working correctly and Call Filter. He sent updates links, with instructions when connectivity bars and issues came up. He told me because I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 4G LTE that people with 5G phones would get preference or get better data coverage  than me.  Made not sense since he didn't know where I was nor asked. He was in the process of trying to get me to commit to online order Samsung newest phone? I inquired about the IPhone as he discussed reason my antenna wasn't picking up. Call was lost. Really? I have done ever thing to both phones, air planes mode to reset mobile, restart, changing LTE to Global back. Please help it you can. Or I will take my business elsewhere for services I am not receiving. Nor have been receiving such as Call Filter until last night, Digital Secure even after calling  and I am the one that found out my device was not compatible. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@stonekelrn  wrote: We have had multiple calls dropped inside and outside near our home.

Thanks for giving us some more details. So we can look at things in greater detail, I've sent a Private Message to you, so we can do some troubleshooting and review some network tools. 

-John

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@stonekelrn  wrote: Signal issues began over a month ago. I related to an issue I was having with Digital Secure

stonekelrn, Thank you for those additional details and we understand how important it is to have reliable service. You share that the issue started over a month ago and that is the same time you were experiencing issues with Digital Secure. Do you recall any other changes or impacts that occurred during this time? Do you have Wi-Fi at your home? If yes, do your devices connect to that wifi? Do you experience any issues when you are away from home?

-Andi

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do related it specially to the Digital Secure issue. Apparently, that issue was related to the app not compatible with my device and causing other issue with Verizon apps as well. I do have WiFi in my home. I have extremely fast internet without issues' with connectivity on other devices.  The issue's are we have noticed and now have more payed attention to are within our home and close by outside our home. Within a mile or so. Really haven't noted as we are not big phone nor text users. Thus, the issue of not getting what we pay for and it doesn't work as it should. If I pay for two phone 4G in a rural area that hasn't had any issue's since 3G was around. We haven't had any issue with either phone connections. I expect to it to work as it suppose too. Make sense? I looked at the map and connectivity at my address. I am not going to get 5G wideband at my home! So my phone should be getting the data connection it has always. We both, two phones do not together use near 1 G a month.

0 Likes
stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I didn't preview my message before I submitted. I do not relate the Digital Secure issue to the connectivity issue. It was a totally different issue related to Call Filter not working and the fact that Digital Secure app was not even compatible with my phone after paying for both apps for a long time. I had even spoke with two Representatives and followed their instructions including  2/13/24 and uploading the links to update both. They didn't even check my device compatibility.  The  response concerning connectivity was ridiculous explanation concerning 5G and that other people in MY RURAL AREA got choice to data before my phone and my phones antenna. I will going to a larger City tomorrow and can tell if there is more bars of Verizon or better connectivity in a 5G area!.But I would like a response to where i live! I take care of my parents where I live. This has became an issue as stated and needs to be addressed! 

stonekelrn 

0 Likes
gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you read other comments in this forum, you will find this is an ongoing problem with Verizon. Last year I had issues with calls dropping and was told had to upgrade to a different plan which I did but wasn't happy that I had to, to fix the issue. Several months of having 5G sitting at home now is barely 4LTE. Not only has connection been downgraded, after having to pay more I will be hit with an additional charge for each line because that plan is no longer available. I have chatted several times various ways. Each time they want me to change plans because it would be cheaper and each time it is more. I have 2 years to pay off my phone and then I will be looking other directions for cell service. Customer service throughout this forum has the customer making all these updates, changes etc and it isn't helping. I have said this before, if I am paying for a plan and it is under contract then I should get what I pay for and not be charged extra just because that plan is no longer available. 

stonekelrn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally understand as I have been with Verizon Wireless over 15 + years. More like 20 but long story, really since 2002. It was sort of the same in beginning but got better as time went on. Then back and forth depending on what issue you had with them. They usually after some talking to management were good. But that is when the South Eastern office, at least for me, was in Charlotte, NC or I would get Tennessee.  Sometimes Kentucky. Now, I do not know where the Customer Service Representatives are located. But they could care less about Verizon or Verizon could care less about the Customers, now. I read the comments or some and I have invested so much of my time and it became comfortable. They seem to always been able to get things settled to what I expected out of the Verizon company. After what I am seeing this time, I think it is over. What I am afraid of is going to another carrier and the same thing happening. But paying the amount for the little amount of Gigs for two phones use, which is very little. (my Mom is 80) even with Senior discount. I overpay. I am about to go get a Cricket! Or one of the phones that work off Verizon Network. They have added 5G of Hotspot (NOT NEEDED FOR US) and all the other stuff. Plus added taxes and fees they are getting away with now. Now adding $4 more per phone next month! I think loyal customers should leave!!! Seriously! I think I've only written one or two messages on the Community Home. And it was more likely a question! Good Luck !

Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nice to see that a senior discount is offered for some of your customers.   I was told there isn't one in Massachusetts.   

Another reason to start moving my lines to another provider.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@Shandricken  wrote: Nice to see that a seni or discount is offered for some of your customers.

We always want to make sure that our customer's are getting the best value from their plan. We would be glad to take a closer look at your account to ensure you are getting the most value from your plan. Be on the lookout for a Private Message from us so that we can review your specific account details.

-Andi

0 Likes
Cam_0078
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a long time customer,  over 20 years.  We have a total of 7 lines on our account, so this is a huge increase to my monthly bill.  The timing of this increase really does raise the question about their $100M class action.