Rate increase
Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received an email stating my bill will be going up $4.00 per line beginning in April.  My thoughts are Verizon is already the most expensive phone plan out there, new customers are being offered $25.00 per line and as a loyal cell and Fios customer I am getting nothing.  I have 4 lines and two currently have phones that I am paying for.  I will be moving the two I can to another provider and as soon as the other two phones are paid off, I will be leaving.  

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some of you may have received notices from Verizon regarding a price increase of $4.00 per line for Mix and Match unlimited plans. This change went into effect on 3/1/24. Here is a list of impacted plans with their respective FAQ’s: 

Changing a plan is not required, and you can choose to remain on your plan while enjoying all the same features and benefits you currently enjoy. Along with your current benefits, Verizon is also providing you an additional benefit of 5 GB of Premium mobile hotspot data on top of your current hotspot allowance.

We have a variety of ways you can save and make sure you’re getting the best deal possible on your current plan as well. 

• Take advantage of Auto Pay and paper-free billing and save $10 a month/line.
  • Check My Offers for targeted ways to save even more.
  • Don’t forget to refer a friend to Verizon and get $15/month in bill credit per sign up for a year. Refer up to 10 friends to save $1,800/year
  • Open a Verizon Visa Card, and you could earn up to 4% back in Verizon Dollars on your purchases. Use the Verizon Dollars earned toward your Verizon bill each month. This card is also eligible for the automatic payment discount mentioned above

If you choose to change your plan, or are interested in looking at what great alternatives we have available, please check our current plans here: https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

242 Replies
cruehead
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I'm sure this will add to the fees too

Rdewan

The kicker is check your bill not only is the increase $4 but they are also charging you a one time fee of almost another $4 as well to raise your plan price. So first bill will be 8 dollars per line more then drop back down the following month to new monthly price. Crooked as a thief in the night

0 Likes
llshanell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now I understand why they gave me a good trade-in phone upgrade option that pays out over 3 years. I am locked in or would have to pay off the phone AND LOSE THE REBATE FROM MY TRADEIN if I want to move my plan to another provider after they make this unilateral price increase.

I have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years, but in 3 years, HELLO AT&T.  I have a plan and made the commitment for 3 years with the understanding that I was locked in on my plan pricing.  1 month after upgrading, I get told that all the phones on my plan are getting a $4 increase. If I want to move to a different plan, I lose my Disney bundle benefit and pay more.

This is extortion.  I think reaching out to our US Reps is for this extortion.  "We are doing this to provide better service" is right up there with a Mob boss saying "I will do you this one favor and you will do ONE favor for me."😖

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get the best value for your account, and we are always here to help. We do want to clarify that we no longer offer contracts on any of our plans or devices. You do have the options to purchase your device on a 36-month payment plan, but it is not a contract as you can always pay it off early at no extra cost. If you have any questions about our plans, let us know, and we'll be glad to help out.

~Freddy

0 Likes
ToastGuard
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We know how important it is to get the best value for your account, and we are always here to help. We do want to clarify that we no longer offer contracts on any of our plans or devices. You do have the options to purchase your device on a 36-month payment plan, but it is not a contract as you can always pay it off early at no extra cost. If you have any questions about our plans, let us know, and we'll be glad to help out.

~Freddy

Did you miss the bold point there? If we pay off the phone early we lose the trade in credit. Does that not sound like an extra cost? Trading in a phone locks you into a 36 month agreement (legally a contract) that says you will pay it off over 36 months or lose the remaining trade in credit.

Say the phone cost $900 and your trade in credit is $360 (to make the math easy). Instead of actually being a credit of $360, it is a credit of $10/month for 36 months. If I pay off after month one, I'm not paying $540. I'd be paying $890 (minus whatever went to principal from the payment in month one). 

That is the extra cost of paying off early. Meanwhile Verizon can raise the plan rate however they'd like to completely offset that $10/month credit they locked us into for 36 months.

You try to sound understanding in these forums, but completely miss the point and when trying to "fix" it you offer a private message where all you'll do is go over the current Verizon plans which I could easily look at myself on the website. 

gemfire
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going off ToastGuard's comments, lets go a step further. 

My promo's, phone cost etc is at 12 of 36 payments on this date:

Device Promotional credit total was $349.92. Left to receive $233.28.

Trade-in Device Promo Credit total was: $599.76. Left to receive $399.84

Device Payment total was: $1,199.98. Left to pay $799.92

What is my payoff for phone?  If you take the credits off I would only owe $166.80 which I would pay willingly. If I lose the credits then I have to wait for 24 more months to pay off the difference before looking at other options.  The options I talk about would be different carriers. Keep this all in the open for others to read, no private messages. 

Frmastro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, on top of that most areas I am in verizon doesn’t even work. They used to have reallt good service everywhere but I have noticed a drop in quality, and now the rise in cost. Better off with another provider like Tmobile. I am going to do the same, pay off my devices and move on!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frmastro We definitely want to make sure that you have the service you need. When did this issue begin? Is it in a certain area or everywhere? ~Peter

0 Likes
Shandricken
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guess the rate increase is to pay Beyonce!

0 Likes
Shortyy_thooo
Enthusiast - Level 1

We’re very unhappy about it as well. We pay almost $150 for 2 phones WITH a promotional discount from switching. I regret leaving boost mobile. The service was going out constantly but at this point I’d rather deal with spotty service than paying this much for phone service. 
especially because like you say, new customers are getting in at $25 per line. Make better deals for existing customers otherwise we’re going to drop out like flies. 
PS, your service isn’t even that good 👎🏼

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is the satisfaction of our valued customers. We understand the importance of having the right plan for your needs and budget and would like to take a closer look at your options. I will be sending you a Private Message, please reply to it, so we can get started.

~Maria

0 Likes
Tracie660
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon for well over 20 years and they continue to raise prices and new customers are offered to pay a minimal amount.   This is absolutely ridiculous and poor customer service and retention.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Tracie660. Your many years of business mean the world to us and we'd love to have you as a lifetime customer. Help is here. May I ask, have you contacted us to see if there were any ways to save money? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Nak1110
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same, absolutely ridiculous business model to nickel and dime long time customers. Will most likely be paying off my devices and trying out xfinity mobile. 

Amiles1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am just about to start  shopping plans of other carriers as well. I will specifically be looking for carriers that offer to pay off the phones you currently have under contract in order to get your business. Verizon has been hiking their prices for years and their customer service and phone service has somehow deteriorated inversely. I have been with Verizon for more than two decades. This latest $23 per month price increase is the straw for me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
@Amiles1  wrote: I have been with Verizon for more than two decades.

It's fantastic you've been with us for those 20-years and greatly appericated. It'd be saddening to see that end without us taking a look at things first. It never hurts to review your current plan, and see if you're getting the most value for what you have. We can certinaly do that together and see if a change is needed. I've sent a Private Message so we can work on that together. 

-John

0 Likes
ToastGuard
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support wrote:
@Amiles1  wrote: I have been with Verizon for more than two decades.

It's fantastic you've been with us for those 20-years and greatly appericated. It'd be saddening to see that end without us taking a look at things first. It never hurts to review your current plan, and see if you're getting the most value for what you have. We can certinaly do that together and see if a change is needed. I've sent a Private Message so we can work on that together. 

-John

This is exactly the nonsense that I mentioned in my previous post. You say to look for a private message so that no one else on the thread sees that all you did was offer him the same thing available on the website that doesn't save anything.

I too have been a Verizon customer for over 20 years and I find it absurd that we can be locked into a contract for 36 months that will punish us for paying a phone off, but you all are able to raise the contracted plan rate at will. I hadn't thought about the other carriers that will buy out a contract before one of the earlier posts on this thread. I am going to look at those options rather than wait for Verizon to raise the rate again and again for the next 24 month I have left on my contract. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ToastGuard, my apologies as we have sent you a new Private Message. Please be sure to check it. 

-Natasha

0 Likes
magemma75
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been a loyal customer of Verizon's for around 20 years. My four children each have had a phone on my account, with three still remaining on my account (plus my line and additional smart watch line). I have paid a lot of money and have gone through a lot of increases so that new customers can come in $15 cheaper per line per month than what I am paying. It is time to start looking elsewhere. That time was probably three increases ago, but there again, I have been loyal. Loyalty begets loyalty Verizon.  Let the switching begin.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Magemmma75, we appreciate your loyalty with us and understand your concern about getting the most value from your plan. Have you had an opportunity to go over plan options with us lately? Is there anything attached to your current plan that has you hesitant about changing? 

-Melissa

0 Likes
sanzev92
Enthusiast - Level 1

$4.00 increase per line.  How is this fair ? I gave so much thought and comparison with other providers and other plans and chose  Verizon over other providers and the particular plan when I got in contract with Verizon. Are we being punished for trying to stay with the plan that Verizon offered us in the first place ? Should I decide to stay on the plan, then in addition to this $4.00 per line increase, am I vulnerable to future increases ??

Say I switch to a newer plan to keep costs low, Verizon can easily say in 2 months that "WELL SORRY, THE PLAN EXPIRED, NOW EITHER PAY US MORE OR SWICTH TO A NEW PLAN"

How many changes ? How long ? How many times do we suffer ?? Its so bad ? 

Its flat out cheating. VERY UNFAIR !