Rental Billing Discrepancies for Replacement Router
taxciter

All indications from Verizon's website and automated emails indicate I will be paying an additional $9.99 monthly rent on a FiOS Quantum Gateway router. The Verizon representative directed me during on-line chat to select it as a replacement for my original M1424WR router (owned by Verizon) which appears to be failing.

During the replacement ordering process Verizon's representative stated there would be no increase in monthly charges. However, every other indication from Verizon previous to and subsequent to the replacement request indicates my bill wil increase by $9.99 plus $0.60 Taxes and Fees etc.

I am waiting for the replacement router to arrive along with a return box and label for the old router.

There should be no discrepancy between the emailed billing estimates and what I was told during the process of ordering a replacement router.

0 Likes
Re: Rental Billing Discrepancies for Replacement Router
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Verizon now charges to lease the router. Your other options are to buy one from an auction website or to purchase one from the Verizon accessory store

0 Likes
Re: Rental Billing Discrepancies for Replacement Router
taxciter

I have just received my first bill after Verizon sent me one Verizon-owned router to replace another Verizon-owned router. Nothing has changed with my service.

Contrary to what I was told by a Verizon representative, my monthly bill has increased by $9.99.

I hope it's also understood that a customer must sometimes trust a company representative when they guide the customer through an ordering mechanism not designed to support a particular transaction, with the understanding that all will be corrected offline.

0 Likes