Reoccurring Issue with Billing
bullzzye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received notification from Verizon back in March that a payment had been returned from my bank with my auto-payment. After calling the financial department to try and figure out what was going on with my account, I was told over and over again that a payment had been returned by my bank. They urged me to reach out to my banking institution and investigate further.

I bank with a federal credit union that's very prompt about giving me notification of any issues. I received nothing regarding ANY issues from them and when speaking with a representative that investigated into my banking statements, they were able to confirm that an ACH payment had left my account in March made payable to Verizon. The representative assured me that if I willingly offer up an ACH alternative to an institution, it's made with my own discretion and that my bank would not block or dispute a payment. Verizon claimed bank did and my bank did not confirm this.

I adamantly expressed this to Verizon and made them aware that my bank had confirmed my payment to them. Verizon had little to nothing to offer other than a "returned payment," no further explanation. They placed blame on me and my bank that I owed them money. I could confirm from my banking statement and from a representative from my bank that this simply wasn't true.

After having a payment investigation opened regarding this "returned" payment, it had been resolved by their financial team minutes later. I was under the impression that Verizon had come through and resolved it for me and my troubles were done. Oh, was I wrong.

After they blocked my checking account for auto-pay, I was told I would be charged another $10 on top of my April payment as well as $5 for a "late fee" for my overdue March payment. I thought the issue for March had been resolved after a payment investigation (received email confirmation from Verizon with a case number), but I guess not!

Same issue happened again when it came time to pay for my April bill. The $39.99 from March for my internet service was tacked onto April which made my bill a whopping $90. I called Verizon again and spoke with their financial department and the representative that I spoke with assured me it would be resolved once and for all and that it would be escalated to a supervisor and my worries were over.

When logging on today, I still see the March payment that's ready to be charged on my May auto-pay and an additional $5 "late fee." I call Verizon again today, speak on the phone with almost 10 different people for THREE hours, am bounced back and forth between billing and financial. One representative left me on hold for 25 minutes only to hang up on me. I had to go through the entire process again and again with a new person each time.

The "final" representative I spoke with in financial assured me he would be sending me an email of a cover letter and another payment investigation opened for me and then hung up the phone. Guess what? No email. I'm back at square one and extremely frustrated by this situation. I've never been late on my payments or have had to default or make arrangements. I'm seriously considering changing my service because I'm extremely tired of being given the run-around and Verizon still demanding me for money when it's already been paid.

You nickel and dime your customers to death for services and cause irritable issues that are impossible to resolve and offer little to no help. I'm about to call it quits and search for better options!

Re: Reoccurring Issue with Billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bullzzye,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes