Return Payment Fee/Not Due to Insufficient Funds
benecula

I made my June payment.  I received a text saying thank you for your payment.  I few days later I receive a text saying it was returned.  I called my bank and they povided email documentation that they never received a notice for payment.  I called Verizon customer service and explained the situation and they were unable to explain why the payment was returned for there was plenty of funds. The rep then submitted for a credit to be issued for the $30 return fee.  I go to make my July payment and the $30 is still on my account as due.  I called Verizon again, explained everything all over again.  The rep then connected me to the financial dept.  I had accidentally switch two numbers in my account.  I received a charge of $30 for a mix up of two numbers.  They refused to credit the $30.  I can see if it was returned due to insufficient funds but this was, plain and simple, human error.  If the bank never received notification for the payment due to the incorrect account number then Verizon should not have been charged any fees.  So why am I getting charged a fee and being told that it is impossible to remove?  The financial rep literally said it was not Verizon's fault so we cannot waive it.  Human error occurs everyday.  I immediately paid the bill again after notification.  And mind you all of this still occurred before the due date. 

0 Likes
Re: Return Payment Fee/Not Due to Insufficient Funds
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi benecula,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes